[16] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

Hey guys!

This chapter is dedicated to Marystar1212 for her awesome comments and great feedback and support :D she was the first person ever to comment on my story 'I hate players like him' on quizilla (which I had to rename) and she deserves a dedication! So, thanks Mary for all your support!! You've been great :D And check out her stories guys, they're great too :D

Hope you like the chapter! And I'm really sorry it took so long, writer's block has been awful recently. That coupled with crappy internet connection doesn't make me happy. And it's short too....I'm sorry! Damn writers block :(

.:Story Start:.

I was back to school, and I was terrified of Sunday, the show. Of course tomorrow, the day we would be performing in class, was bad enough, but in front of the school was just terrifying...

Nicola was making things worse. She knew I'd be playing guitar in front of the class and the school, and she was constantly teasing me, telling me I was crap, and generally lowering my morale. Of course, I knew I wasn't brilliant, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I was crap.

It was Monday afternoon, and James, Tom, Kyle, Landon and I were seated in James's basement, going over some final bits for the song. Tom and James were huddled over the lyric sheet, making very fine adjustments, Landon was going over his drum beat to make sure it was in perfect timing with the lyrics, which I sang timidly, knowing I was nowhere near as good as James and Tom, and Kyle was practising a few chords which he kept stumbling on.

I thought we had made good progress in the last six weeks. Even when we didn't get on, we always managed to get something done, and we got even more done when we were getting on. It was a win-win situation, which was rare in my world.

I noticed James and Tom had finished and were both looking at me, while I was still singing. I nervously stammered to a standstill, not liking the close scrutiny they were both giving me, then swallowed hard, and said cautiously,

"What? Did I do something wrong?" they both looked at each other, then back at me, then said at exactly the same time,

"No!" I couldn't help it - I blushed.

"Um...OK..." I said, and then turned back to Landon, who was eyeing the whole scene with a raised eyebrow. We exchanged a look which clearly said 'OK what the hell is going on here', and then I nervously started singing again.

I was surprised to hear James and Tom start behind me, and I stopped as they continued, and I met Kyle's eyes and hurried to grab my guitar. We went the whole way through, and it sounded awesome. And I was still terrified of the show.

~*~*~

The next day, I walked into music class with my hand gripping my guitar case tightly. I wasn't sure why I was so terrified - I had done this by myself, why was it so much scarier with other people? Maybe because if I got it wrong it would be so much worse, because they'd probably hate me.

I sat down and waited for our group to be called up, fidgeting and worrying, my mind going haywire as to how to make absolute sure I do it right. Of course, it didn't help that I was still worrying about home as well.

After a few mind-frazzling groups, it was our turn.

James, Kyle, Landon and I all led the way to MU2, which was quicker than transporting the drum kit into the classroom. Landon sat at his drums, while the rest of us took out guitars and, in James's case, fiddled with the microphone.

I slung the guitar over my shoulder after plugging it into the amp, and then looked at Kyle, who nodded, and we started. A few bars in, James started singing, and I just let my fingers do all the work as I lost myself in music...