[46] You took my heart, could I please have it back? SPECIAL: London

Chapter 46

This chapter's dedicated to mccombsl249!!! Apparently my story inspired her, so she asked me to do a joint chapter, and I said yes, so this chapter also features a character - Addy - from her story. Hope you enjoy, and remember to read her story too!

.:Recap:.

Tears sprang to my eyes, but I knew I deserved to be upset for hurting him. "James, I-"

He cut me off by walking forwards and pulling me to his chest in a fierce hug. My breath caught as my heart almost exploded with happiness, and I clutched at him, tears of relief streaming down my cheeks as I realised what this meant.

Finally, James and I were friends.

.:Story Start:.

I didn't want to let go of James' warm, comforting body, but eventually he let me go. I gave him a large smile and I was sure my eyes were twinkling. I wiped the tears away, feeling a little stupid for crying, and we started to try and find our friends.

As we walked, we didn't say anything, but it was a comfortable silence rather than an awkward one. For some reason, I had a strong suspicion that Lily, who knew James and I shared the lesson before, had set us up for this by moving so we would be alone together.

Finally, we found them sitting next to the English block, throwing grass at each other.

"You're so mature," I said teasingly, sitting between Lily and Alex as we arrived. Lily smiled radiantly as she spotted mine and James' smiles. A piece of grass landed in my face and I glared accusingly at Landon, who had thrown it, but he just looked around innocently as if to say, 'what?'

We spent all of break time chucking mown grass at each other, giggling, stuffing it down each other's backs and into their ears, just plain having fun, and I loved it. I loved that I could finally talk and play with everyone in the group without someone holding me back, without feeling a little empty inside.

I felt so free, so wonderful having all these amazing friends who, I knew, wouldn't let me down now. I was sure my life was perfect. There was nothing more to worry about, nothing more dramatic in my life. Sure, there was still Nicola and her large posse, but hey, I could handle them now.

I was no longer alone.

I was happy.

And I planned to stay that way.

The bell went for next lesson and I entwined my fingers with Alex's as we walked to class, finding that my eyes kept flicking towards James. I sighed. Maybe there was still one little problem, one little glitch. But I'd get over it.

I sat beside Lily in our next lesson, and we played hangman for a while before we got caught because of Lily's giggles as I chose dirty words. I narrowly escaped detention, which resulted in Lily calling me badass for the rest of the lesson.

After that lesson, I had English with James, Alex and Nicola. I saw Nicola narrow her eyes at me as I started friendly - if hesitant - conversation with James. I found myself learning more and more about him than I had when just quietly observing him in class; he was just as friendly and kind as he had always seemed, but there were little details I hadn't managed to pick up before.