What's Her Name

'She is a very odd sign indeed.'

"Will you please put your seatbelt on?" Kate asked as Yelena looked at her with a deadpan stare. 'Is she for real right now?' The blonde thought.

"Please?" Kate held out the E sound and gave her a pouty face.

'That is a very cute look, almost like a puppy.' Yelena couldn't help but think. So with a huff, she turned and grabbed the seatbelt.

"Fine. But only because I want to." Yelena said, clicking the belt into place and glaring at the girl. Kate smiled at that.

"Sweet, we are all set then." Kate said with another friendly smile.

She pulled out onto the road and fell into another awkward silence.

'Should I ask if she wants to listen to music? Or maybe she wants to sit in peace... Man, just buck up and ask her. But I don't want to make a fool of myself again. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. What's the worst that can happen? Well, I could... I could, you know... I don't know. Exactly! Now stop overthinking it and go.' Kate fought with herself.

"Would you like to listen to some music?" Kate finally asked.

"Yes, I would." The blonde answered. 'Thank God. That was so awkward.' Yelena thought.

Kate hit play on the radio that was Bluetoothed to her phone. She placed her hand back on the steering wheel.

It took a second to connect, but as soon as it did, her had shot to the power button. The blush that was almost gone returned tenfold and raced crossed her face, down her neck, and over her shoulders.

'That's what could go wrong.' She thought.

The song that hadn't gotten 3 seconds in was Romeo & Juliet by Hobo Johnson.

(I'd suggest listening to the beginning of that real fast so that you get an idea of what's going on.)

Kate could feel the blonde's eyes burning holes into the side of her face.

"Fuck my life!" Kate yelled a little.

"It's not what it looks like. I swear." She said, still not looking at Yelena. Her hands gripped the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles had turned white.

"If it is not what it looks like, why were you so fast to stop it?"Yelena asked. Kate's face was becoming a scarlet color with each passing second.

"I promise it's not. I- I just- it's just an embarrassing beginning." Kate answer.

"To what? A porno?"

"What!? No! The song. It's a song I swear to god." Kate was overly embarrassed at this point.

"It does not sound like it." Yelena was enjoying how flustered the other girl was getting.

"Stop. I swear. Like who and why would anyone listen to porn while diving? That would be so fucking weird."

"Well, you..." Yelena had an idea.