What Will Take To Win A Prize

NOTE:
I'm not going to talk about
what happened and why
I was out for so long
because it's a lot but
here is a side note that
I wrote right after
the last chapter

-why was that last chapter
so spicy I wasn't even
planning on it but
it happened I don't think
I'm going to let sleep deprived
me write for a while
well at least until I
need the real spicy scenes

And of course let me
know if there's any mistakes

Kate was pulled out of her thoughts when a flash of green caught her attention. She looked down at both their vests. Yellow lights had now replaced the red lights.

She used this as an opportunity to escape the unbearable tension between the two. She didn't want to, but she couldn't keep focus. It was too much for her heart.

She hit Yelena on the shoulder. This snapped the girl back to reality.

"We are good to go. Let's win this." Kate said, ducking underneath the blond's arm.

'What. The. Fuck.' Yelena thought. She shook her head. She needed to get her head back into the game.

~~

Somehow the Yellow team won, tying up the score 1-1.

The two girls didn't say anything. They both stood by each other awkwardly. MJ and Peter looked at each other, knowing something was up with the two girls.

"What is up with those two?" The birthday boy said, standing next to MJ.

"I'm wandering the say thing." The girl said.

'And I'm going to get answers.' MJ thought.

~~

The two teams walked out to see who the winner are. The Yellow team won. The birthday boy jumped up and down. He ran up to the pair and gave them high fives. Then he ran off, probably to his parents.

Yelena could still feel the tension, so she made a joke.

"Looks like you are the 'first' loser. Again." Yelena nudged the younger girl. Kate shook her head and laughed.

"You got me there." The taller girl said.

Yelena ended up with the most kills, and Kate took second. Surprisingly MJ took third, and Peter took sixth.

"How?" Kate asked.

"MJ was using her mind powers on me." Peter joked. Everyone laughed.

~~

"What should we do next?" MJ asked after the two girls were done boasting about their win.

"Arcade?" Peter asked.

"I'm down for that." Kate chimed in, then looked at Yelena.

"Sure." The blonde said as she shrugged her shoulders.

The group walked around the arcade for a bit to see what games there were. Kate walked up to the prize counter, looking to see what was new.

Her eyes went wide when she saw a big bear plushy. It was a light brown, almost blonde color, and had cute sewn blue eyes.

'I want that. No, I need it.' Kate thought.

She looked for the price, but there was none. She looked to see who was working the counter.