Good Thing To Nightmares

Note:
All I have to say
is your welcome
but I'm so sorry

Yelena could hear the sound of running water and could a warm breeze rolling along her skin. She could fluttered her eyes open. 'Where am I?' She thought.

Yelena was lying in the same spot by the river as yesterday. It was different though. There wasn't any snow on the ground, and the forest was full of beautiful greens.

"What the?" Yelena said aloud, sitting up. She looked around but didn't see Anything. But when her gaze landed back on the river, she was stunned at the site that had just appeared.

Kate was playing with Fanny and Lucky in the shallow water. She wore a dark purple T-shirt and blue jeans that were rolled up to her knees, trying not to get them wet but ultimately failing.

The girl looks older than the night before. Not by much but enough to tell the difference. Yelena couldn't wrap her brain around everything going on.

Kate was splashing water at Fanny. The dog bit at that drops coming down. Lucky brought a stick back and waited for Kate to take it. Kate turned to him, grabbed the piece of wood, and threw it. He of course, took off after it.

She looked to Yelena and smiled.

"You're finally up, sleepyhead." Kate said, walking towards her. Yelena could only frown.

"What's with that look?" The girl asked.

"Why are you here?" Yelena questioned.

"What do you mean? We have been coming to this spot for years." Kate asked. She reached Yelena and sat next to her.

"No, why are 'you' here?" She said, emphasizing the 'you'.

"Did you hit your head or somthing? Are you sick?" Kate chuckled, putting her hand out to place on Yelena's forehead. Yelena pulled away before she could.

"What's with you?" Kate asked with a frown.

"Nothing is with me. What is with you?" She asked.

"What?" Kate laughed. She stood up and dusted herself off. Yelena just looked up at her.

"Come on, lazybones. I think you need to cool off."
Kate stuck her hand out to the other girl. Yelena stared at the girl's hand.

'Maybe she's right.' Yelena thought before grabbing the outstretched hand.

They made their way over to the river's edge. Once they got to the water, Kate let go of her hand, and she squatted down.

"What are you doing?" Yelena asked as Kate grabbed her pant leg.

"You hate when you pant legs get wet." Kate rolled up one then the other. ''tchyo za ga'lima? (what the fuck?) What is with-' Yelena's thoughts were cut off. Kate had scooped some water up and threw it up at the girl's face.

(I have decided to put how Russian words are pronounced in English than the actual word.)

"Suka!" Yelena wiped her face off. The girl was now running off into the. Yelena chased her into the river.