The Question

NOTE:
Sorry once again these last to weeks flew by I got caught up playing Elden Ring with some friends and when I had the urge to write I had bad writers block for this chapter so I had been writing for a big and way later chapter sooo yeah

but I do want to say I am doing much better mentally so I'm hoping it stays that way

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter I did try to make it a bit longer

Kate watch Yelena look down the hill. She didn't seem nervous or anxious. She was just taking in the beautiful scenery around them.

It was odd for Kate to see someone not scared or nervous in the slightest when going for their first big ski run.

"You ready?" Kate asked sliding up to her. Yelena's gaze slowly made its way onto Kate. A smile made its way across Kate's face. As if it were contagious Yelena's lips in turn slid into a smile.

Yelena didn't say anything she just nodded her head yes. She looked back at the slope.

Kate was going to say something but the rest of the group slid up next to the pair. Miles and Ned were laughing about something the young boy had said and of course, Gwen just rolled her eyes.

"You excited Yelena?" Miles asked.

"Very." Yelena smiled at him.

"Yo, you can see Kate pull some sweet tricks on this run." The boy said excitedly.

Yelena didn't understand why the boy was so enthralled to see her reaction to Kate doing something cool. She looked at Kate who seemed a little nervous that the boy was hyping her up so much.

"I don't know." Kate said looking away from everyone and rubbed the back of her neck.

She would never get this nervous about being asked to do a trick or anything else like it. In fact, she loved to show off, especially when the kids she teaches would ask her. She knew that she would land any trick she knew but the thought of messing up in front of Yelena was making her anxious.

The sound of Yelena's voice immediately pulled Kate's attention.

"I want to see you do something cool." Yelena said. Kate perked up a little.

"I mean, of course, I'll show you what a good run looks like." Kate realized how fast she was to change her mind.

She could see and hear MJ snicker. She rolled her eyes at the girl then looked back at Yelena. The girl had a smug and cheeky smile on her face. Kate turned away quickly trying to hide the small blush spreading out along her cheeks.

"Let's go. We're wasting Perfectly good skiing time." Kate said heading down first.

Yelena watched as one by one the group made their way down. She followed shortly after. After some time she lost sight of the last person. She kept following the trial but soon slowed down when she came upon a fork in the path.

She glanced around franticly looking for anyone in the group. A small doubting thought slowly made its way to the front of her mind but luckily was soon cut off by a heap of snow hitting the back of her.

"Looks like your having too much fun. You totally blew past me up there." Kate said slowly sliding in front of Yelena.

The frown on her brow slowly faded and was replaced with a relaxed look. She had no idea why the other girl's presence seemed to calm down almost immediately.

"It's just down this way." Kate pointed in the detection of where they were trying to get.

Not soon after they had made it to the terrain park. They bunched up with the rest of the group on the side of the park and talked for a moment.