The Rules

NOTE:
Don't got much to say
besides thanks for reading
so on with the chapter

The rage Kate felt was indescribable. She whipped back around to look at Maddie. There was nothing but pure disdain on her face and fire in her eyes.

"Kate I-"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK MADDIE!!" Kate screamed. "YOU DON'T FUCKING DO THAT SHIT! You don't fucking do that!" Kate's rage suffocated the atmosphere. The skatepark had gone silent. Not a single person dared to move.

"Kate-"

"NO!" The archer's jaw quivered with anger. "YOU RUINED EVERY! You don't get a say in this." Kate tried to control her breathing.

"I'm sorry." Maddie said meekly.

"I'm sorry!? That's all you have to say!? Do you really think that's going to make everything better!?" Kate was almost yelling again.

"I didn't know..." The girl froze. She couldn't think of anything to say.

"Know what, Maddie? You didn't know what you did was wrong. Or was it that this didn't go the way you thought it would. How about I didn't what to be kissed. Was that what you didn't know? Or that I don't like you that way.-" Kate now red-faced and white-knuckled.

This wasn't what scared the smaller girl. It was the almost insane smile and matching look in her eyes that slowly slipped onto her face as she continued her following sentences.

"Oh, I know, you didn't know I had a girlfriend. Was that it Maddie? You just didn't know I was dating Yelena. Right?" Kate was now up in her face.

"No, that can't be it, because I specifically remember telling you more than once that she was my girlfriend." Maddie put up her hands and made some space between them. She was scared of the way Kate was looking at her, so she looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"What was it Maddie? What didn't you know?" The archer waited for a moment seeing if the girl would answer, but she was silent. "You got nothing! You have no stupid lies or anything for me!?"

Maddie was still silent. "What was your FUCKING REASON for all of this!?"

"It's just, why would you want to be with someone who is so angry and sad all the time? People like her could snap and hurt someone. She'll just damage and drain you, Kate. It's not good for someone like you." The girl finally got out.

"WHAT!?" Kate stepped closer. "You don't even know her, so how could you possibly know what she's like?" With every step the archer took, Maddie would step back.

"She would NEVER hurt me, Maddie! Unlike you." Maddie's back finally connected with the table. This didn't stop Kate from continuing.

"You have no idea how good Yelena is to me! I fucking dare you to say another about her." Kate started to raise her fist.

"Kate!" Bucky said in a stern tone as he ran up to them. The archer didn't even look at the man, her eyes were glued to Maddie's. The man turned his back to the younger girl and rested his hand on Kate's shoulder.

Bucky leaned in before speaking softly. "Kate, you need to stop. She is not worth it." The archer's hands dropped as she looked at the man.

After Kate calmed down she pushed the man's hand off of her shoulder. She turned her attention back to the girl.

"Fuck you. Fuck off. And get Fuck, Maddie." Kate finally turned to run after Yelena, but the girl stopped her.

"Wait please!" It was a last ditch effort from the girl. She grabbed Kate pulling her to a stop. Bucky grabbed Maddie's arm instinctively and glared at her.