Chapter 3: Devil's Gate

We spent our lunch like how we usually do. It definitely gave me a time to relax after those long hours of being under surveillance by none other than, the annoying man, Lee Sunghoon. However, it was still bound to end.

The bell rang again and it was time to go back to our respective classrooms. I usually like being in class. But now, I felt like I don't even want to come to school anymore.

Yeji went ahead and entered the room. But I stopped my track and intensely stared at the entrance.

"*sigh* we're here again. what's the devil's gate doing here suddenly?" I said to myself as I was standing outside, staring at the open doors, at the back side of our classroom. Before, this was just a normal door that I don't mind passing through. But now, it seemed to have changed its appearance and looks like one that came from hell.

It had fire all over its frame and was emitting a black smoke. But, of course,  this is only visible in my eyes. No other people would see it the way that I do.

'am I just exagerating it? But it definitely feels like one though T_T'

"devil's gate? Where?" Suddenly, a voice came from behind. I can't help but jump off from where I stood. The voice was warm and familiar. But I did not feel any sense of danger coming from it, unlike every time I hear Sunghoon's voice.

"Aish..! Gabjagiya.." I almost cursed as I turned to face the person.

It was Soobin. He is also a close friend of mine that I met when I first transferred to this school. But he is in a different class as me so we don't usually see each other during class hours.

"Why are you so surprised? I thought you knew I was here" he said as he chuckled.

"Hm? How long have you been there?" I asked curiously. I really did not notice him at all.

"From the start. Right when you just stood here outside staring intently at the door to the time you said it was like a hell's gate. Pfft— did you finally got infected by the craziness of Yeji? Ani, I think should ask first what you were deeply thinking that you have not even noticed my presence. So? what is it?" He leaned his body forward, bringing his face close to mine. It caught me off guard so I ended up not knowing what to say.

"Y..ya! Your face is too close!" I said placing my right hand in between our face, wanting to push his away. However, his reflexes were fast and before I could push his face, he grabbed my hand, putting it away, and looked at me.

"Ah— hurry and tell me, don't change the topic" he said whilst acting a little sulky and not letting go of my hand.

I know he would keep on asking about it so trying to avoid his question would just be a futile effort. Moreover, I don't really have to tell him the full details.

"F..fine! I'll tell you after class. The bell has rang already so you should go to your room as well"

After hearing my answer, he then smiled and leaned back. Ah, it's that smile again. Soobin is quite popular in school and it is because of his charms. He usually looks cute especially when he smiles because of his deep dimples taht involuntarily shows. But when he also wears a serious face, he somehow looks hot and cool.

"Don't go back on your word" he warned with a pout, as he pointed his index finger to me.

"I will not! Hurry and go now!" I replied shooing him away with my other hand.

He then finally let go of me.

"Good. Then, I'll get going now. Good luck with your dungeon diving. If you need some fire resistance potion you can just tell me as well" he said with a hint of tease on his voice before leaving. He referenced terms from online games.