Chapter 23: Making Things Right

Yeji's POV

It has been three days already since Wonyoung last went to school. I still do get in contact with her from time to time whenever I give her updates on our class or if ever I have heard of new rumors in school. Yesterday, I even visited to check on her and she seems to be doing well and recovering fast. But...

It would be a lie if I'd say I did not notice anything stranger from her since that day, right?

Wonyoung... She is definitely hiding something from me. I need to ask her.

"Yeji, will you be the one to give the notes again to Wonyoung?" Our teacher asked which snapped me out from zoning.

"Ah, ne! I will drop by to her place today-" but before I could finish my sentence, I suddenly remembered that I have an important schedule today. "Ha... Uhm, I think I won't be able to do so today seonsaeng-nim. I forgot I have something else to attend later" I said apologetically and regretfully.

I was planning to really ask Wonyoung what is wrong. But it is such a shame I will not be able to do so immediately. And I don't even want to go THAT meeting later... If only I could.

"I see... It's okay Yeji. You have done enough. Well, then, who will-" without even letting our professor finish her sentence off, a voice emerged from the back of our classroom.

"I'll do it. It's just on my way home"

Surprisingly, it was Sunghoon who spoke. Or rather... I don't think it is something I have to be really surprised of. I mean... I may not look like it, but I am quite observant of my surroundings. He has constantly followed Wonyoung wherever she goes.

"Wonyoung is so lucky... to have Sunghoon visit her home..."

"Well, they are close friends ready with Soobin and Yeji, right? It is nor al for them then"

"Musy be nice"

"Sunghoon-a if I get sick will you also visit me?"

"Me too! Me too!"

Everyone started to hurl around Sunghoon again. Hah.. This happens everyday already so somehow I developed some immunity to this one. Back then, I used to get annoyed because they are too noisy.

"Only Wonyoung's home is the one that I get to pass by when going home so I don't think it would be possible" Sunghoon answered directly which made the girls feel down. On contrary, the boys cheered the girls up sayong they will be the one to visit them instead. But the girls were not having that as always.

hmm.. really wierd... At first, I really did think he was more interested at Soobin. But as time went by, I noticed more and more his efforts of getting close to Wonyoung.

Does he like her?

Well, he does look like one to like Wonyoung.

But does Wonyoung like her?

That... I am not so sure. People may see Wonyoung's acts around Sunghoon as like those typical things people do around their crushed. But more than that, I could sense fear more from her. Strange right? I find it odd too that I thought I just mistook it. But I wouldn't be her best friend for no reason right? I know her quite well.

But now that I think about it, Wonyoung did start acting strange since the day Sunghoon transferred. Right... That day... It was the first time I ever saw her like that. Do they have something in between them? But that would be impossible right? They just met thou- wait... what if the already met? But if so... Why would Wonyoung hide it from me?

As her best friend... That hurts a bit.

Argh, meolla. This is making my head hurt. Why does this feel like this has something to do with math ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ. Even thinking about it make me don't want to think about it.