Chapter 12: As Her Friend

Our team secured the first point. Although the players on our side are not volleyball players, given their physique as athletes, they are able to give strong spikes and even intentionally targeted it to Soobin who was on the backline instead of their libero. Sunghoon was also able to score with just his precise services.

Our class cheered knowing that we're having good start. As for Sunghoon, it seems that he now knows to whom he should send his service ball. Not allowing their libero to receive it, it gave their setter a hard time to set a ball because of the not so good receives. It brought us 5 points instantly.

"let us keep this up guys! We'll definitely win this!"

"I didn't expect the game would actually be so easy"

Our team was was cheering seeing how the game is going. But then...

"Switch!"

The libero signalled and Soobin immediately switched places with the Libreo. The ball Sunghoon served was still trajectoring to the place where Soobin should have been. But since it was now the libero on the area, he was the one able to receive it instead.

"What the–"

"That is possible?!"

As everyone were in a daze, the ball was already sent to their setter. It was received perfectly that the setter was not at all having a hard time. And then...

*SMAASHH!!!*

A strong spike was delivered on the front line and their team scored a point. Front line spikes is one of the most difficult to receive since it arrives rather quickly than backline spikes. Moreover, the net would add hindrance, as well as distraction to the players on the front line.

'waaahh.. this is certainly thrilling.. since Soobin's team have volleyball varsity players it's indeed easy for them to immediately learn some techniques.. now I don't know who would win'

The game continued while I was in thought. Soobin's team was on a streak. We would also score a point every now and then but the opposing team was able to catch up and we are now tied.

Soobin's POV

'Finally, I arrived at the front line. I could now do my role as a blocker'

Our team was the one to serve so I immediately went at the front of the net to take position.

"This is fun isn't it?" I asked to the person at the other side of the net.

"I guess" he replied.

It was Sunghoon. We were both on the front line already. Although he looked calm, I could sense heat from his aura. But to be honest, I felt satisfied seeing him that way.

I mean, who wouldn't?! Every time they are able to score, he would glance at me and smirk! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ Aish! This guy keeps getting on my nerves.

"You don't look good though?" I asked trying to provoke him.

"Don't act too cocky when you just got lucky"

"Oh? Says the one who did just earlier ಠ益ಠ"

"I didn't" he answered looking away pretending he had an instant amnesia.

"Just you wait and see"

"See what? See you lose?" He said with a mocking smile. I was about to say something more when suddenly, our referee whistled.

'Really testing me (ʘ言ʘ╬)'

*Pprrrrttt*

It was the signal that the server can do his service. And so Immediately, I properly stood as our team sent the ball flying to the other side.