Chapter-2 'Past and Present'

WRITER'S POV-

(SANA'S PAST)

Ahmed (Sana's Abbu) left his family before her birth only.

 He used to work as a gold merchant in the market. He was famous for his sharp creativity on jewelry. Some of his jewelry went so famous that he soon became the gold merchant for the Royal family. 

One day, some royal officials came to his shop with the guards. They blamed him as a traitor as he sold the the artificial jewelry to the Royals.(Which was absolutely wrong) They arrested him and locked him up in jail. 

He didn't even got a chance to see his wife and his unborn child (Sana) Rumors spread that he ran from the jail on the day he was to be hanged. 

After listening these stories Asma (Sana's Ammi) she felt very helpless and fainted. She was immediately taken to Hakeem (Doctor) and that day only Sana was born.

 They had nothing to do with the Royals but the sin his family never committed was given to the innocent child and her mother. 

The most precious, beautiful moment of her life (Her Birthday) was ruined just by the blame of 'Traitor's Daughter'. Her most important piece of her life (Her father) was missed. 

Where the other children where raised with affection and care by their parents but here Sana, was raised by listening taunts of her aunt. Then she decided that 'She will never cross path with Royals'.

*******End Of Flashback*******

SANA'S POV-  

(PRESENT)

My thoughts were interrupted my someone scratching my feet.

It was none other than Shona. Shona is my small, cute kitten. 

SHONA- (Meaning- Sweet)

One day when I was returning from bazaar (Market) I saw her abandoned sitting on the street without food

One day when I was returning from bazaar (Market) I saw her abandoned sitting on the street without food. I gave her an apple quietly an left. 

Then I saw her following me. I shooed her but she keep following me. So I came home back carrying Shona in my arms. 

I requested Aunt to keep her but she refused. So, I'm keeping her secretly away from the eyes of aunt. My Ammi and Aleyah knows Shona. 

I picked her in my hands and started watching out from window, while scratching her head.

"Kitni mohobbat karegi usse, kabhi mujhse bhi kar le" (How much you'll love her, I'm jealous) Ammi said while arranging papad (Snack) on khatiya (Bed) in balcony. 

"Ammi, aapse hi karti hu jyada" (Ammi I love you very much than her) I said. 

"Haan! Haan! pata hai mujhe" ( Yeah! Yeah! I know) She said chucking.