Chapter-13: 'Marriage Proposal'

AAFIYA POV-

I went to my room and lied my stomach down on med and cried once more.

It became my routine to cry everyday. I hate myself for being like this. To be born like a royal. It will only give you pain nothing else. I cried and guess it was evening time. I decided to wander in the streets of Arkaristan.

I often do this to see the welfare of people. I dressed myself as a common girl and went out of the palace from my secret door which is behind the lane of kitchen. I entered the market.

Aafiya's Common girl outfit-👇

Now I feel free!

I started wandering and saw children playing. After sometime I quickly went to palace and entered my room. Thank god. I let out a breathe. I dressed in my regular attire and started walking towards the dining hall. They were all seated. He was here too.

They were waiting for me. I think. I took my seat silently. They were glaring me. We started eating. After sometime Ammi broke the silence. 

"Aafiya where were you?" Why is she asking? She never asks about my whereabouts but now why?

 "I-I was in my room" I answered shuttering.

"Where was you? Asif came to your room, but couldn't find you" My spoon stop in its half way and my mouth went open. I kept the spoon again on the table. He went to my room? But why? I made my eyes in his direction and found him staring me smirking. Does he smirk all the time? Even in his sleep? 

"Ammi lets drop the topic" Bhai said. We all finished and left to our rooms but Ammi asked me to come in her room. I followed her. Abbu was also sitting there.

"We want to talk to you" Abbu said. 

"We have decided that your going to get married" He announced. 

"WHAT?" I shouted. "Sorry" 

"But Abbu why this early I'm only 16!"

"That only you're 16 and wandering alone in the streets of Arkaristan without any soldier" Ammi said.

How did she know? 

Ammi, please don't do this!" I pleaded while crying. 

"Our decision won't change" Abbu said. I was crying and sobbing. 

"You have to get married. Your groom is the king of a very strong kingdom that help us too" She said. 

So they want me to marry him to save our kingdom? I mentally chuckled. Our kingdom is not very rich and not very poor. We lie in the middle. Most powerful kingdom till now is Asif's kingdom, Turkmenistan. That's why he rules the school. 

"We have decided your groom and he..." Ammi was cut off by a voice.

"And he is also ready" Came voice from behind I turned and saw Asif. I turned and quickly wiped my tears. He came and stood beside me.