Chapter-24: 'Love starts with a chase!'

ANAYAH POV-

My sleep got disturbed my some noises. I opened my eyes and yawned and saw it was still night time. Who must be there. I glanced over my right, it was a balcony. I got up from my bed and moved towards it when I saw a person jumping over the houses. I was about to yell when he stopped and disappeared from one house. 

Who was that? What was he doing there? I decided to call the guards outside the door but felt a strong urge to go outside and watch. 

I, being a Shehzaadi of Arbis', didn't ever got a chance to sneak out. I think, it will be the best time. From childhood, I was an isolated in my own palace. An isolated princess. As I'm from the princess of Arbis', I was protected from everyone, only my parents and my tutor who came in my room that too veiled. In my entire life, I went outside the palace, it was my first time coming to Arkaristan, that too more than 100 servants and 50 palanquins. I've never seen so many people as I saw back in Arbis. Ammi and Abbu is also not here to object. I smiled and walked to the door. I quickly peeped and saw no guards. 

It's the best time! I smiled and walked towards the corridor, I quickly hid behind a vase when I saw two guards walking. I moved away from there when they left and came almost at the outside the palace. I glanced over the palace gate, guards were there. I looked around and took a vase kept at the table in the garden and threw it in opposite direction and hid behind the wall. I saw both of them running there. I ran outside the palace and ran towards the direction where the figure went. It was dark but light was lighted at the end of the street. I was walking slowly looking around, scared. I flinched when I heard a voice. It was coming from the end of the street. I tip toed there and peeped into the window of a house. I saw two three figures laughing. 

"Ashraf, you did a good job. Tomorrow morning there will be havoc in the palace when they get to know that Shehzaadi Anayah's diamond necklace is missing. Who the hell, wears it and sleeps?" The man sitting on the bed laughed. 

Necklace? I quickly touched my neck, my necklace. My necklace is with them. They stole it. It means that figure came to my room. They're thieves! I was about to yell, when the other man enquired. 

"Boss, what will happen if they tried to find us?" 

"No one will be able to find it or us. In Arkaristan, one cloth thief is roaming around, they'll think that he stole it. We will be safe" The boss said assured. 

"But, boss what we will do with the necklace?"

"We'll sell it tomorrow morning itself, Ashraf will disguise himself so that no one will get suspicious. Till then, this necklace will be with Ashraf" The boss said in hoarse voice.

"Now, within few hours we will be rich" The man laughed. I hid behind two drums which were kept near the window, when two of them came out of the house. 

"Bhaijaan, you did a great job, today! You sneaked into Shehzaadi Anayah's room. Do you see her? How's she? I've heard that no one ever saw her before she came in Arkaristan" The boy in his mid twenties asked nudging the person next to him. 

"Umm, she was really beautiful...." The other boy in his twenties spoke which made me smile a little. 

"But you know that, how much the girl is beautiful, she's that much dumb" He completed and they both laughed. I fumed in anger and gritted my teeth while pouting. That's my habit of doing that from childhood.

"Okay, Bhaijaan, I'm off, I need to go before Dadi jaan wakes up and find me missing" The boy left. I quickly put my scarf on my face. But got confused. From these two who's Ashraf? When I saw shining piece in the boy's hand who was standing there. That must be him! He started walking, I followed him silently when I entered into a silent lane where I missed him.