Chapter 6: Paru-paru-PARFAIT! (Part 2)

And now, the moment everyone's been waiting for! Parfait Cookie's amazing performance, by yours truly, Parfait Cookie! With a little extra surprise! 

What's the surprise? Find out in this chapter.

========================================================================

The Sun is shining upon EarthBread as Clover Cookie was playing with his lyre near the residential area entrance.

Clover: The day of the kingdom's festival has arrived. But the nameless cookie must make an important choice that could change his life.

He said as a bird landed on his hand, chirping happily. This earned it a giggle from the bard as the bird flew away, with Clover watching in awe.

=========================================================================

I was having breakfast as usual, until I heard the door knocking.

Me: Yes?

I stood up and opened the door, revealing it to be GingerBrave Cookie.

GingerBrave: Morning, Blank Cookie!

He greeted cheerfully.

I smiled in response.

Me: Morning, GingerBrave. What's up?

GingerBrave: Don't you remember? Today's the JellyPalooza Festival! I even saw Parfait Cokie's latest streams that she has a new drummer performing with her! You promised us that you'll come watch her concert with us, right?

I widened my eyes in shock!

Me: "Oh crumbs! I can't believe I forgot about his promise! But I already promised Parfait Cookie that I'll join her performance! W-what should I do?"

GingerBrave: Well, Blank? You ready to go?

I hissed in embarrassment. But I eventually decided to make my choice.

Me: Yeah......... About that....... I-I can't come....

GingerBrave tilted his head confusedly.

GingerBrave: Hmm? Why not?

I can't just say I had to help Parfait Cookie with something. I don't think he'll believe that I'm helping a celebrity. And even though today's Monday, the sandwich diner is closed because they'll be selling sandwiches in the festival. And I don't think I can go sell sandwiches today either.

I need to come up with something.......

I know!

Me: Ugh............

I clutched my stomach as I knelt down in pain.

GingerBrave: Gah! What's wrong!?

Me: M-my stomach....... H-hurts....... I-I think I ate something f-funny....... I d-don't think I c-can go to t-the festival like this........

I hope he takes the bait.

GingerBrave: Gosh. Then what am I supposed to do with this extra ticket?

GingerBrave held up a ticket.

Me: "I remembered in our chat group that there's only him, GingerBright, Strawberry, Wizard, Custard III and even Chili Pepper and Zombie Cookies are in the group. I could ask Chili Pepper, but I don't think a thief like her would be interested in festivals unless there's something worth stealing. And since Princess Cookie is royalty, she probably won't need a ticket to go to a festival in this kingdom just like Custard Cookie. I wonder....."