4- the pond

It had been around a week since George's dad had threatened him. George had about six days before he went to his second year of college, the least to say is that he was very nervous.

Obviously George never had any problems with talking to others or being social for that matter. He simply was never seen as popular,cool,smart the type of kid everyone wants to be friends with.

Instead he was just seen as a lonely kid that sat in the corner, nothing much. Overtime he learnt to get used to it, but it still put him down knowing he was different to everyone around him.

George never hung out with people in school, he had a conversation here and there but never got to know anyone. He only really has one friend that attends his college, his name is Alex. Alex and George met in middle school, George was still a Kid on his own at that point maybe going to a party every few months, however Alex was the complete opposite.

They met in a strange way to be quite honest George was crying on a bench outside of campus and Alex just so happened to of found him and comforted him when he was at his worst, ever since then they've been pretty close

He opened his phone it was a Tuesday, 11th of September 8:34am to be exact. George sighed defeated by the fact he couldn't sleep for long and dragged himself out of bed, though he had no plans he wanted to try to be productive in a way.

After brushing his teeth and the usual morning routine he walks to his wardrobe deciding on a simple outfit after all he wasn't going anywhere special.

He threw on black joggers and a white oversized bike sweater he looked into the mirror at himself. He didn't look half bad, he smiled proud of his new outfit and yanked his phone practically sliding down the stairs and stopping at the bottom to slip on some white Air Force 1's, grabbed a slice of toast and unlocked the door calming down as he breathed in the cooling atmosphere. God he loved the outdoors.

It was around 9:00 when he made it to the local park, he planned on feeding the ducks today nothing much, just something to do.

Opening his bag he saw he already had duck food from his last visit, so he reused the leftovers and poured some into a small plastic container making his way to the lake.

The park was beautiful.

Greenery dancing in every corner, flowers blooming upon the freshly cut grass, trees swaying ever so gently in the breeze, a wooden bridge stood still in the waters of a small lake covered in pond-like scenery (lily pads, flowers ect)

George loved nature. It was a place he could go to feel at home, to feel safe. It had always been like that for him, guess that's just how it is for a kid with family problems

He giddily skipped over the bridge and leant over the edge opening his container sprinkling some seeds into the deep water below, almost immediately being swarmed by ducks.

A specific group of fluffy baby ducklings caught his eye, they were yellow and small looking around a month or two old. They were adorable to George after all he loved ducks with his heart he was in absolute awe.

You may wonder why he loves ducks so much?

Well the answers ever so simple, when he was younger around 5-7 he and his mother would visit here and feed the ducks. it became a special thing to him and he grew up with the usual visiting the pond. when his mother got into a terrible car accident when he was about 10 he decided to continue this, after all it bought him closure and reminded him that maybe she wasn't with him in person but she was there in spirit. And to George that's all that had mattered.

Without even realising it george was thinking about his mother, her gorgeous smile, her brown curled hair, her crystal blue eyes- the list could go on.