6- the place i feel at home

A loud clicking woke George, confusion striking him until realising he slept on call to Clay. "Good morning pretty boy" Clay sounded happy, after all it was about 10am. Had he been awake all night?!

They've been on call for the past 16 hours.

George turned over slowly having some of the drink he left on his bedside table to clear his throat before speaking up "I'm gonna go shower cya dreamie boy" his morning voice still evidently there, Clay giggled at the nickname 'dreamie' it had a ring to it.

Don't you think?

The ringing sound of the call ending echoed throughout George's ears.

Two days remained until college, neither of the two were happy about it but neither of them knew the other went to college, well that would be until they mentioned it.

The sun was shining through the curtains blinding George, practically forcing him out of bed. He groaned annoyed at the world for disturbing him and stretched his arms and legs grabbed his phone of charge before sitting up and stumbling to the bathroom.

Upon making the decision that he didn't feel clean he ran himself a cool shower, just something to wake him up faster. He woke up sweating - it was very warm - unsure why though he just blamed it on the hot air, after all it was the middle of an English heatwave.

He put on a Spotify playlist listening to some songs, to lighten the mood. The song; The sky- offwire began to play, he loves that song he relates to it, as he does with many songs he listens to.

A thousand voices howling in my head.

He washed his hair putting in his normal products, coconut scented shampoo, conditioner barely coating the ends of his chocolate waves.

I don't even recognise your face.

mirror on the wall,

Tell me all the ways to stay away.

After feeling refreshed he hopped out the shower wrapping a towel around his lower half before looking up into his small mirror lit up on the walls  he fixed his hair messing it around abit, it looked better that way then proceeding to washing his face, dabbing it dry with a small flannel.

fireworks exploding in my head.

His bathroom was rather basic, the walls were white with a light brown coloured-type of tile scattering the floor, almost exactly the same colour of the blinds he had pulled down to give him some privacy in this enclosed world. A small cupboard behind the door where he kept his flannels, towels nothing much. The windowsill had slightly broken wooden baskets with his skincare and toiletries in. A walk-in glass shower stood in one corner and a toilet and sink in the other - a pretty practical bathroom if you ask me.

For a bathroom it was kept rather tidy.

George was like that, he kept most things tidy.

Wilbur knocked on the bathroom door, "hey George! How long you going to be?" He questioned him.

"Give me a minute!" George called back basically yelling over the music turning it down slightly, he heard Wilbur mumble a response before he backed away from the door as the floor boards creaked indicating he was back in his room atlast.

George was proud to have such a patient and caring friend.
He didn't know where he'd be without Wilbur.

While he was turning off his music and making his way back to his room a certain painting in the hallway caught his eye.

It was a man, the photo looked at-least 2 or 3 years old, the man looked slightly older than Wilbur he had his arm wrapped around his shoulder while sticking out his tongue attempting to stick up a peace sign. Wilbur was looking at him from the corner of his eye while smiling at his supposedly friend.

George wondered why his friend had a picture on the wall with some guy he's never mentioned, maybe it's personal to him.

~

It was a Saturday afternoon and George had close to nothing to do. So he decided upon going out for a walk for awhile, just around the flower field nearby he had nothing else to do that day and the field helped him when he struggled in life. He was also wanting to relax before all the stress working brought him.

The walk wasn't far, perhaps 10 or so minutes away.

George never drove anywhere though he did have his license he enjoyed walking more, it helped him see the better things in life while going through the worst.

He listened to Spotify on the way there, Bus ticket part 2 extended - heathcliffthebandit. It better than strolling around awkwardly in silence, he would occasionally sing a little some cars passed him glancing at him through the side mirrors but he didn't care he was enjoying himself.

Are you falling in love?

I have the feeling you are.

It wasn't long until he was outside the fence he recognised so well. He would always sneak out to visit this place as a kid, he would do anything to get a break from home. After all he hated his abusive father.

He jumped over the fence rolling into the ground on the other side giggling happily to be somewhere he felt so safe, no one knew he came here other than his old friend - Alex.

The field was on top of a hill with a gorgeous sight of the sunset if you arrived at the right time, the green grass looked fresh and well kept with flowers springing up almost everywhere you looked. The whole meadow was enchanted, an area of protection and freedom to the younger George.

He sat lying on the ground looking up at the sky, the different hues of pink and orange painting the sky. It was a breathtaking view to say the least, George was extremely lucky to have a place like this to escape to when the real world became abit much.

It wasn't long until he was looking up into the darkness of the sky the stars twinkling above him.

He took a-few deep breathes while re organising his mind before standing up and patting off any grass or dirt that had attached onto his clothing.

Although it was magical, it was lonely. Very lonely

George was lonely and he wished he had someone to share this place with, someone to talk to in the field as they laughed along together looking off into the sunset.

He sighed knowing that day wouldn't come anytime soon before taking himself back to the road putting his jacket hood up as the blistering rain began to fall slightly grazing his skin at the cold touch.

//

Hope your enjoying!

Beginning to get closer to the proper story point soon enough the story will all make sense.

I love you, hope your doing well you can always talk about anything if you feel comfortable <3

Theories??