Chapter 2

I took a slow deep breath in and then breathed out, trying my best to just calm down. My phone buzzed on my dressing table jolting me from my attempted zen.

Jc: all set. See you in a bit xx
You: perfect. Getting ready to leave in ten. See you.
Jc: don't worry. You did great and everyone is going to love it. And if they don't, screw them.

I smile at his reassurance and then finish the last touches on my makeup. I really didn't know what I'd do without him. His support and confidence in me had gotten me through the darkest of times and I was just glad that my first exhibit was going to be with him. I posed for a quick Instagram pic before heading out.

Big night

Big night. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. Thank you best friend @jccaylen

Before leaving my apartment I glance at the wall behind the small dining table I had. The bare and barren wall that once held my largest piece of artwork. It's the first time anyone outside of my immediate friends would be seeing the piece and it made nervous simply because it meant too much to me.

The rooftop lounge Jc rented is already buzzing with people from the C4 house, and a few guests who had already arrived, decked out in their best. "Hey, Ellie." Kian says as he sticks his hands into his pockets, "it all looks really good. You did a fucking fantastic job." I give him a small hug and express my gratitude before taking a walk around the lounge and all the pieces. Some models were already taking their places where they sported the new Tixxo line. Some I recognised as Jc's friends and some were new faces, I greeted and accepted compliments from people as the lounge slowly filled and the low music started up. Jc was bustling around making sure everything went well. My eyes scanned the lounge looking for my favourite piece finding myself coming up empty. "There's an outdoor deck just outside those doors, it's out there." Jc says like he read my mind as he approached.

"I thought it'd be a good idea to give your personal pieces their own place to speak louder for themselves." I liked the idea.

"Thanks for everything. I mean it." He shrugs it off as I head to the deck. I gasp when I see it hanging on an all grass wall that gives it more life to it than my mundane white apartment walls ever could. I look into the blue eyes that I had been thinking about since I'd seen them a couple weeks before and smile before heading in to meet everyone.

Jc gave a small speech and then passed the mic to me. I didn't have much to say. I never really did. But I thanked everyone who showed up, everyone who accepted me into their lives and  made it more than just a job. They made me family. Everyone holds their champagne glasses up for a toast and then the party really got started.

"I swear you're so talented. You really got the whole package deal huh? The looks, the talent. How are you single?" Kian's girlfriend Ayla laughed as she, Franny, and Chelsea all chatted with me. I blushed and shrugged it off, never liking when the topic of conversation ever came up. I wasn't ready for a relationship. I didn't trust anyone enough. Not anymore.

I take a walk for a minute when Sam, Katrina and Colby come up. Katrina embraces me with a smile. "This is all so good. I love it. Congratulations!"

"Thank you for coming. I appreciate it, and I know Jc does too."

"This art is so sick. Do you only work by commission or do you have pieces to purchase?" Sam asks.

"He's always looking for art to buy." Katrina rolls her eyes playfully.

"I've got some stuff, I uh... I have a studio that you could probably come to. Check out what you'd like."

"Sick. That's definitely an offer I'll take you up on. Let me get your number." Sam holds his phone out. I tap it in and take a small glance at Colby who shyly sticks his hands in his pockets looking away.

"Have you guys been to the outdoor deck yet?" I ask looking at Colby who finally meets my eyes. They say no so I tilt my head, "I've got some more personal pieces out there. You should check it out." I wave at them and join Jc where he's hollering at me to come take pictures.

Colby's p.o.v

I was beyond tired. The night before Sam, Katrina, our friend Amber and I had gone exploring at a nearby clown tunnel and I spent the entire day editing so when we get home after the exhibit Sam can take over since we only had a day again to have our video ready to post. My eyes burnt a little and my neck felt sore but still I pushed through to be there for Jc. Plus, I kind of wanted to see her again. She was pretty, no doubt about it, but something about meeting her up on the balcony the night of Jc's party left me wanting to know more. I wondered if the lure I felt to her mysteriousness is what girls meant when they told me I was mysterious.

The art left me speechless, but being in the presence of everything this stranger had created made me fold into myself and feel vulnerable for her. She seemed closed off, I'd seen her on twitch streams with all the cam boys and she seemed so quiet and private but the exhibit seemed so open, vulnerable. Sam kept going on about the pieces he thought would look good in our house, or the office. Katrina kept oohing and ahhing over the new tixxo clothing. But my mind was on the artist.

When Eleanor had suggested we go outside, we quickly followed her direction and I found myself with goosebumps over my body the way I would feel at a haunted location we investigate and absolutely no words. The piece was immaculately large with black and red smoke flaming up and around the left side of a face, with the bluest eyes and low hanging full eyebrows. "It kind of looks like Colby." Katrina absently says.

"I think that's because it is Colby." Sam says looking at me with raised eyebrows. I give him a look that asks what the fuck because there's no way that's me. There's no way this breathtaking piece of art could be centred all around me.

A/N : Ellie is not a fan girl. I'll explain the piece soon enough.