Chapter 15

We all woke up just after eleven. I don't feel any better about what happened the night before. We don't talk much as we pack everything in the car. As I slide the last bag into Colby's trunk he turns to me. "Are you doing okay?" I shrug. "Do you want me to take a look at it?" I nod and turn for him to check the gash on my back. He peels the bandaid off slowly and uses his flashlight to get a good look at it even in the daylight. "Dude, it's so deep." Sam says coming up behind us. "You should clean it again and redress it." He starts rummaging in the trunk for Colby's first aid kit.

I sit on the edge of the trunk while Colby cleans it again and then puts a clean bandage before we pile into the car to head home. We stop off at McDonald's for breakfast and then drop Katrina off at her apartment.

When we stop in front of my building Colby turns around, "Are you doing okay?"

"I'll be okay. Thanks for inviting me."

"Did we traumatise you?" Sam asks. I reach over and squeeze his shoulder before climbing out of the car, "No, I'm all good. Don't worry. I'll see you guys soon." I watch them as they drive off before heading into my apartment. The first thing I do is text Jc that I'm home and then head to the bathroom for a shower. It's hard to change the bandage on the cut when I rip the used one off so I opt for a loose fitting soft T-shirt and no bra.

Jc comes by at 3 to bring Oakley home.

"Can I ask you a favour?" I ask him bringing my first aid kit from the bathroom,

"What?" he says from his place on my couch. I sit next to him and pull my T-shirt up so he can see my back. "Can you put the antiseptic cream on it and a clean bandage?"

"Bro, what the fuck? Did you get attacked by a coyote?"

"If I told you, you probably won't fucking believe me." I say.

"I believed you when you tell me you see ghosts." Jc says as he gets started putting the cream and bandage on.

"We were doing the Estes method, the one with the headphones and the spirit box...and something scratched me."

"This isn't a scratch, that's a fucking deep gash." He finishes up and I relax into the couch beside him. "You doing okay?"

"I don't know, this stuff doesn't usually scare me but last night was different."

Colby's p.o.v
It's been a few days since I'd seen Ellie. I made sure to send her a text when we got home telling her that I was sorry the night went the way it did and that I hope she was okay.

I'm fine, don't worry. I had a fun time. Was all she said. I felt bad about it all but I also didn't want to push. I'd seen her on twitch with Jc and Crawford a couple nights and she seemed okay but I didn't know if she was mad at Sam and I. It's a Wednesday night and Sam just got done with editing his new video for his channel. He comes into the kitchen where I'm sitting waiting for my post mates delivery.

"Bro, you good?" He passes by my laptop and sees that I'm watching Oscar's stream.

"Yeah. I'm good." He gives me an odd look before saying he's going for a short run.
I turn my attention back to my computer.

Ellie and Oscar are arguing about who is the messiest between the two.

"This girl has been basically living here these past few days. Let me tell you, our bathroom, girl things everywhere!" Oscar laughs.

"I don't even use your bathroom, I use Jc's because I've been sleeping on Jc's couch in his room. So whatever girl things are in your bathroom it's not mine. Probably belongs to all your bitches." Oscar looks offended and she laughs. I find myself smiling at how happy she looks. He turns his attention to the chat. "Someone asked why you're staying here. That's what I'm saying. Don't you have a house? Your dog has peed on my bed like five times this week." Oscar complaints.

"Okay, firstly, Oakley never pees indoors, unless it's a puppy pad. So I bet it's either Will's dog or Jc's. Secondly, Oscar. I've been dealing with some shit."

A dono comes up on Oscar's stream and the automated voice reads it aloud. "Are you staying at Jc's because you are low-key traumatised by Sam and Colby taking you to Witches Forest." She gets this look in her eye and she shrugs.

"Honestly, that place was so fucking scary. Like I have nightmares from that night."

"Seriously?" Oscar sits back in his chair.

"Yeah dude, did you watch the video?" She asks him.

He nods, "I did, that gash was fucking deep. And it got infected too." He pretends to gag.

"Yeah it got infected but only because I had issues reaching it because of where it is. Oscar, shut up, you cleaned it once." I couldn't help but feel a spark of jealousy when I thought of him touching her bare skin, "Chelsea cleaned it all the other times. Colby didn't even gag and he cleaned it when it was fresh." My heart races when I hear her say my name. My phone dings loudly startling me as it notifies me that my dinner had arrived.

I collect my food and come back to the kitchen where I eat and watch the stream. I didn't care much for Oscar but it comforted me to see her, see her smile and laugh even though the guilt was eating at me that we put her in that situation.

Sam came in after about ten minutes and I shut my laptop closed and look at him. He grabs a Gatorade from the fridge and looks at me, "What?"

"Did you know that Ellie has been staying at Jc's since witches Forest because she's been too traumatised? And her gash got infected?" I ask.

"Holy shit, really?" I nod "damn, when have you last spoken to her?"

"After we got back. I didn't know what to say."

"I thought you liked this girl."

"I do, if I didn't do you think I'd be watching Oscar's stream? I should reach out."

"Ask her out..." Sam says.

"No dude, she would probably say no. She probably thinks going on that date was a mistake. I put her in harms way."

"You and I both know she chose to be there and neither you and I, nor her could have foreseen that happening." He reasons.

I shrug.

He gives me the suit yourself look and heads off to the editing room. I open back my laptop and continue to watch the stream.

I decide to send her a text.

Colby: hey Ellie, haven't heard from you in a hot minute. Figured you needed some space. Wanna hang out soon?

A while later her phone dings on the stream and I watch her open her phone and smile. Before I could watch her type I receive a response since the stream was a little delayed

Ellie: hey Colby. I'm good. Hanging out at the C4 house. What are you up to? Wanna grab dinner tomorrow after I finish work?

I agree to dinner and then shut my laptop as I take the rest of my dinner up to my room. Maybe I just needed to take the first step all along.