Chapter 12

I got to the C4 house the next day around noon to help Crawford set up for his new video. Everyone was hanging out back while a few of us set up the trampolines. "Are you sure you don't wanna take a crack at it? It's five thousand dollars on the line." Crawford asked. I let out a laugh as I straighten up and head under the trees for some shade.

"Dude, Franny is fucking hardcore when it comes these things, I'm not jumping up and down for a couple hours when I know I'm going to lose."

"Suit yourself." I feel my phone buzz in my pocket with a message.

Colby: hey heading into a meeting with Sam but we decided that this weekend would probably be the best weather for camping. Don't worry about any supplies or anything, we've got it covered. Can't wait to see you.
You: this weekend sounds great. Can't wait! Have a good meeting.

"What's got you blushing?" Crawford asks. I shrug and grab my bottled water as I take a seat in the grass beside Jc.

"She didn't tell you?" Jc asked.

"Tell me what?"

"She went on a date yesterday with Colby." Crawford ooooohed and teased me but I flipped him the middle finger. "I think it's good that you're getting out there." Will said. When I looked at the faces of my friends they all nodded and agreed. Oscar however kept his eyes on his phone. Maybe he just wasn't listening. I sat around as the girls started arriving and then watched from the sidelines for a while as Crawford filmed his "Last to stop jumping wins $5000" video. Eventually outside was too hot so I went inside for some A/C.

"Hey I was meaning to ask you." Oscar said coming into the living room where I was watching tv with Chelsea. "I'm doing a subathon this weekend on twitch, wanna come by and hang out for a couple hours? We could play some drinking games. And stuff like that."

I bit my lip and tilted my head, "Shit sorry, Oscar. I got plans."

"Well it's for the whole weekend so you can stop by anytime." He shrugs.

"Actually I'm going camping this weekend. Sam and Colby asked me to go with them to film. I'm sorry but I'll make it up to you."

He huffs in annoyance and grabs his keys from the hook on the wall before leaving, "don't worry about it."

I look at Chelsea who's got her eyebrows raised as she watches where Oscar just left, "Did I do something wrong?"

She shakes her head, "Guys are stupid. They don't know how to deal with their feelings." Was all she said. I sat for the next hour wondering what the fuck I had done to piss Oscar off the way I had but I chalked it up to him simply being in a shitty mood like was sometimes. I gathered my stuff and left for my studio so I could get some work in before the camping trip that weekend.

***

"You got everything you need?" Jc asked as I zipped up my duffle bag. "Yup, I'm all set." I bend down and take Oakley's head into my hands and give him a big kiss. "I'm gonna miss you baby boy. Be good for Jc okay?"

I straighten up and look at the few friends who were hanging around the C4 living room! "Thanks for watching him guys,"

"Anytime." Jc says ruffling Oakley's ears. "Call me if you need anything. What time do you think you'll be back tomorrow?"

"Uhm I don't know. I'll text you."

"Okay well I'll keep him with me until Monday if you get back too late." I thank Jc and say goodbye to Oakley again when I get a text from Colby saying they were waiting outside for me. "I'll see you guys."

When I get to Colby's Corolla I slip into the backseat beside Katrina. "Hey you," Colby says from the front seat. I greet them all before settling in. "Ready to go camping?" Sam asked.

"Fuck yeah." Sam set the camera up on the dashboard and turned it on. Colby made a weird moaning noise before we all burst into laughter and then he started their intro. "WHAT'S UP GUYS, it's Sam and Colby!"

"And today, we're doing something that soooooo many of you guys requested." They're both making funny faces as they talk and I find it absolutely endearing. Sam continues, "we did a poll on the tweeter Twitter for which haunted location that we've been to before that you'd like to see us return too, to do a proper investigation."

"Yes, and as you guys know, when we started doing haunted, we were basically a bunch of pussies and we ran away every. single. time." Colby said. Katrina and I laughed in the backseat.

"We're joined by my girlfriend Katrina Stuart, and our new friend Eleanor Stone, who actually says she can see the dead...or entities or whatever you call it." Sam said gesturing at us. We both wave at the camera and Colby turns to look at us. "So we decided, why not take her to the spooky and very haunted. WITCHES FOREST!" Colby continues to drive as Sam continues to talk.

"Now the last time we came here, we didn't actually do a lot of research, Colby got lost in the forest, we lost the key to the cabin we were supposed to stay at, and I'm pretty sure Jake and I saw a baby hanging from a tree."

"Wait, what?!" I ask from the backseat leaning forward until I was between them both.

"Yeah, like it legitimately looked like a baby dangling." Sam said.

"Well fuck me." I mutter making them all laugh as I sit back in my seat.

"Yeah, guys, so this time we did more research, there's actually some really creepy legends about this place. But we'll get into that later in the video." Says Colby before Sam turns the camera off.

"Wow, it's so foggy here." I say looking out the window.

"Yeah it was like this last time. Super super foggy." Sam said.

"It's kinda beautiful." Says Katrina from beside me.

As we drive further Sam turns the camera back on, "So it's super foggy as you guys can tell."

"I feel like I'm gonna crash the car." Colby says, "I can't even see the next fucking turn!"

"Don't kill us all!" Katrina yells.

"Okay, the gps says we're five minutes away." Eventually we get there and Colby parks the car along the dirt road. "I think here is a good spot. The plan is to find a camp site that's close by. Last time we needed to run and it was a good thing that we parked close by so let's do that again."

We all climb out the car and while Sam films we start to take our bags and the camping supplies out the trunk. Colby ends up carrying most of the heavy stuff since Sam says his hands are filled. We end up choosing a small clearing to set our tent up.

"Last time, Mr Boyscout over here" Sam faces the camera to Colby, "chose a site that was a bit soft and all our spokes kept coming out."

"Well I fucked up, but this time, Mr Boyscout is ready to do better." Colby says as he leads us to a part with a bit of firmer ground.

"Wait, are you actually a Boyscout?" I ask as I set the jugs of water down. Colby blushes, "Yeah. I know how to start a fire and everything." He looks proud of himself as he starts setting up the tent with all of our help...well except Sam cause he insists he still needs to hold the camera. When the tent is all done I look at the label on box and then the pitched tent. "I thought this was supposed to be a twelve person tent?"

"If you guys watched our Montana trip you'd remember that the 12 person tent was more of a three and half person tent." Sam joke. The tent wasn't too small but I didn't see how us four were going to fit without being in close proximity to one another. The sun was just starting to set as we set up some fold out chairs. We ate our cold Taco Bell that we'd bought before they decided to turn the camera back on and get started with the investigation. There was a tree stump close at our site that Sam set The camera up on and we all sat around on the lawn chairs to chat about the history of the place.

Sam claps his hands together looks from side to side at me and Katrina and asks. "Are you guys ready for some ghost stories?"