Chapter 7

I'd planned my costume more than three weeks in advance. I'd made my adjustments and hung it up in my room with the excitement to slip into it bubbling. "You're going to look so hot." Mike said from my couch. I shoot him a glare. He holds his hands up in surrender. We'd kept in touch after the party, and when he asked if I could help him with his makeup for Halloween I agreed.

"Shut up and come sit over here." He got up at sat at the dining table where I'd set all my makeup down. "Sorry, I'm just saying. Look at that costume," he gestured to wear I'd draped it over the back of the couch. "Colby is gonna lose his mind."

"Will you shut the fuck up? I don't like Colby."

"You're not fooling anyone? Those googley eyes you were making at him during beer pong said differently." Mike wasn't wrong. In the few short nights since the party at Sam and Colby's I'd come to the conclusion that I did like Colby. Or maybe it was just physical attraction. Whatever it was I knew it wouldn't matter because there was no way he was going for a girl like me. I didn't consider myself like all the other LA girls.

"Even if I did, Mike...he wouldn't like me back." I said as I started on the skull makeup he'd asked me to do. "Why do you say that? You're smart, pretty and talented."

"I'm not an LA bimbo."

"Colby's not a shallow guy." I shrug off the conversation and work on the makeup. When I get done he thanks me and leaves to go back to his apartment to get dressed while I start getting ready myself.

Liked by colbybrock, samgolbach, jccaylen and 15,876 othersEllie

Ellie.stone98 Kneel before your queen. 

The party was well alive by the time I arrive at the C4 house. There were people spilling out of the house at every doorway, bodies grinding on each other inside and music thumping from a block away. The air smelled of sweat and alcohol, everyone seemed to be having a good fucking time even if I couldn't recognise anyone. I greet the few friends that I could and set off to find the alcohol. "Who the fuck are you supposed to be?" Kian yells beside me.

"Hela? From Thor. Thor's evil sister?!" I give him a look like he's dumb and he just give me a blank look. "You look like Shego,"

"That works too." I laugh throwing a shot of tequila back before grabbing a cold beer. I head out into the back yard to find some of the guys playing beer pong and some couples already making out in the corner. I roll my eyes and walk up to Will and Jake who are setting up the cups. "Yo, if you're playing you're on my fucking team." Jake says.

"No she's on my team." Oscar says strolling up and draping his arm over my shoulder, "she's always on my team." I think about what Crawford said. "Maybe it might be cool to switch shit up." I shrug his arm off.

"You mad at me?" he asks looking hurt.

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know, you haven't been around much."

"I was here two days ago, bro." I say smacking his arm, "I'll catch you guys later for a game, I'm looking for Jc."

I head back inside to find Jc standing in the middle of the living room with a bottle in one hand and the other in the air as he sways and dances. I laugh seeing he's already drunk and decide maybe I need to get on my way as well.

Five drinks later and I find myself in the middle of the makeshift dance floor dancing the night way. With eyes closed and no fucking care in the world. It felt good to finally let loose completely and just enjoy myself. I needed it after the year I'd had. Suddenly I feel an arm wrap around my waist from behind and a familiar voice in my ear, "Glad to see you're having fun." I relax and turn at the sound of Colby's voice. He's holding two shots in one hand between his fingers, "have one with me?" I nod taking the shot and clinking it with his before throwing it back. He takes the cup from me and places it on a table nearby. "I like the look." I say looking at his face that's painted on the lower half to look like a skull.

"I'm matching with Mike." He says in my ear, his breath hot.

"I know, I did Mike's makeup." His eyes glaze over for a minute and then they darken. "I bet mine looks better."

I smile lazily, "You've got a better face so I wouldn't doubt it." Despite being inebriated I cringe at my attempt to come on to him. "Dance with me."

Crawford, the dj of every C4 party puts on Pony by Ginuwine. I turn my back and lean into Colby's body. If I was anywhere near sober I know I wouldn't be confident enough to behave the way I was. But I let the inhibitions I had float away and let my body roll with his. He was warm against me, his arms firm around my waist. And I don't know how long we danced for, or how much more I had to drink after that but all I knew was I didn't make it home in the morning.