Chapter 21

"So are you coming to the party this weekend?" Katrina asks from where she is sitting on Sam's bed applying her makeup. The guys were in the editing room working on their latest video while we got ready to go shopping. I'd never had girls I could go shopping with. Sure I was friends with the girls in Jc's circle. Chelsea and I had a good relationship but I'd felt like I had intruded on their sacred bond. They'd all known each other for years, I felt uneasy at times and awkward when they shared their inside jokes. Katrina however made me feel very welcomed in the week since Colby and I had kissed.

"I guess. Colby hasn't really asked me. I don't know if he assumes I'm coming because I know about it." She rolls her eyes and continue to apply her mascara.

"Yeah, I think he assumes you're coming. Colby is so bad at this stuff. He hasn't done it in a long ass time." I bit on my bottom lip.

"Is it really bad? The fans? Is that why he hasn't had a girlfriend?" I ask softly. The thought of his fans hating me for being with Colby worried me.

"Are you his girlfriend?" Katrina teased. I leaned back lying down onto the bed as my legs dangled off the side, "I don't know. It's been a week that we've been...kissing? God that sounds so fucking childish. I've spent two of those nights here and he's spent one at my place. We've been on one date...but we haven't really talked about what we are."

"Why don't you take charge and ask?"

"What if he thinks I'm pushy? Or expecting more?" I prop up on my elbows and watch her.

"Expecting more isn't bad. Back to your first question. I think the fans are part of the reason. Another is...Colby's had a past with girls using him for clout. He's said he didn't feel like they wanted him for him. You don't care about the clout."

"No, I want him for him. Him and him only." I lay back looking at the ceiling of Sam's bedroom.

"Well Colby would certainly love to hear that." I sit up at the sound of Sam's voice from where he is standing in the door way. I grab the pillow off the bed and throw it at him. "Eavesdropping is rude, Sammy!" He catches it laughing and then walks over to us. He throws the pillow back onto the bed as he digs around in his drawer for something.

"I'm not kidding though." He says after a minute, "I'm sure he'd be glad to hear that." Sam and I had developed a bond in the last week too. I saw him like an older brother. He was always sweet and kind and he ribbed on me like older brothers would tend to do.

"Have fun shopping." He bends down kissing Katrina. She looks up at him with so much love in her eyes that it makes me look away because I feel like I'm intruding. "I'm gonna tell Colby I'm leaving. I'll wait for you downstairs Kat."

She's too wrapped up in Sam to answer so I pick my lanyard up off the bed and walk down the stairs to the editing room. Colby is sitting at computer with his clear framed glasses on, shirtless and deep in concentration. His back is toward me so he doesn't see me enter the room. His headphones must be really loud because the door squeaks when I push it open. I walk over to him wrapping one arm over his shoulder and the other around his waist. I place a soft kiss on his neck. He jumps when I first touch him but quickly relaxes. Taking the headphones off his head and bring his hand up to hold mine. "Hey." He says softly. I unlatch myself so he could turn the chair and face me. He pulls me between his legs and wraps his arms around my legs resting his chin on my belly.

"Hi," I brush the hair from his eyes, "How is editing going so far?"

"It's good. Got a lot done. Handing it over to Sam for the special effects and all that in a little bit" he looks up at me with the softest eyes and I feel myself falling more for him.