Chapter 17

Colby's p.o.v

I couldn't help but watch her go, the way her hips swayed. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid my eyes on and I found it incredibly hard to look away. Kat cleared her throat bringing me back to reality. I looked over to see my best friend's girlfriend staring at me with a knowing look. "Someone is smitten." She says winking at me. I don't deny it as I post to my Instagram story asking for questions.

"So what's the plan? Gonna get her drunk and then what?" Tara asks.

"This was your idea." I shot back. She shrugged, "I know I'm just wondering what's your goal. She's a really nice girl. You never really keep girls around for long, Colby. But the fans already know this one."

I sigh looking down at my thumbs then to the doorway. "I know but she's not like those other girls. Those others were a distraction for one night, one little moment, she...she's something entirely different. I barely know her. I don't even know what it is."

"That's how I felt when I met Jake at that party." She says before she bounces off toward said boyfriend's bedroom. "I'll help you film by the way. Call me when you're ready." She calls.

Her words ricocheted in my mind. I couldn't possibly be feeling like Tara did with Jake. They were in love. They had an effortless love than seemed so natural and meant to be. It was right. Just like Sam and Katrina. They fit together. Each of them had always said that they always knew it real from the beginning. This feels real to me. It feels right but how could I know. I've never felt anything like this before. How do I know if I'm not just infatuated or in love with the idea of an epic love story.

"Food will be here  in twenty minutes." Ellie says walking back in. She puts her hands on my back and rubs it down until she drags it around and wraps around my waist. "You good?"

I smile and nod taking her hand in mine and dragging her off toward my bedroom without a second glance at Katrina. When we get to my room I take her to the couch and collapse onto it watching as she follows suit. "How have you been, Ellie? With everything...after witches forest."

"I'm not gonna lie to you...it's been hard." She looks down and fiddles with her fingers nervously before reaching for the necklace around her neck.  "Had a few nightmares. Kept seeing that face. I stayed with Jc for a couple days." I scoot closer and take her hand in mine squeezing gently.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She chuckles and moved closer until her head is leaning on my shoulder and our sides were pressed together. "Didn't want you to think I was a pussy." It's soft almost like I wasn't supposed to hear it.

"I'd never think that. I think you're a fucking badass. You kept so cool throughout the night. I was shaken up when you got hurt so I can't imagine what you felt. I just feel like it was my fault." She shakes her head and lifts it to get a look at me.

"No, it's not, I wanted to go. I actually wanna do more ghost investigations...it made me more curious," I chuckle at that before her phone buzzes.

"Food's here." We both get up and go downstairs to collect our food before ending right back on my couch to eat. She laughed,  a lot and her eyes crinkled when she did. She seemed comfortable and at ease, she seemed happy. And I warmed my heart that I could make her smile like that. It felt right. When we were filled and the food had finally finished we packed the garbage up and I went downstairs to throw them out and get the ring light. I called Tara up and then went to set it all up. While I worked on the lighting and the camera angle Ellie sat on the couch and just watched. I felt almost naked under her gaze and she watched my every move. When I looked up and met her gaze she was smiling. "What?" I ask. She didn't say anything though, she got up and walked over to me and I knew what she was about to do before she was within a foot's distance. I let it happen, because I wanted this. She closed the distance and placed her hand on my chest letting it glide down before taking a fistful of my shirt where her hand was resting on my hip. Her left hand came up and held the side of my face. But her confidence dwindled and I saw it in her eyes. Those beautiful eyes. She looked like she was unsure, like she was scared I'd reject her, so I cupped her cheek and closed the distance. She gasped before our lips touched. I felt consumed. Like everything in the world faded away and all that remained was she and I. I licked her bottom lip causing her to gasp again opening her lips welcoming me into her warmth. She tasted of Mountain Dew code red, Asian dumplings and something unique. Something I'd one day come to realise was simply her. Her taste. Her fist tightened around my shirt and her other made its way to the nape of my neck threading through the soft hairs there.