Was it a mistake?

My phone was ringing the entire ride to Ricky's house.

"Who is that?" Ricky asked.

"Connor," I said. I kissed Ricky a few minutes ago and ever since then we have been making out and ignoring Connor's calls.

I can be with Ricky, but I cant be with Connor. I didn't love Ricky, I love Connor.
So I pulled away from the kiss and stared Ricky in the eyes.

"Ricky this isn't going to work out," I said and stood up.

"I'm sorry. You love Connor. I understand," I was surprised he forgave me so quickly and understood so easily. But I was glad.

I stood up and walked out. I didn't quite know where I was going until I saw Connor pull up next to me. He opened his window.

"Please get in the car Chloe?" He asked.

I nodded and hopped in the passengers seat but I just looked down. I couldn't even bring myself to make eye contact with him.

"They are morons, you know? I love you and you know that too," Connor said.
I looked at him for a second, smirked and then looked down at my lap again.

"I love you too. But I don't know if this can work out. I don't want you to be considered a loser in the school because your friends don't like me," I responded. I looked at him, he looked both shocked and hurt.

"I don't care what my friend's think! You think i give a damn? I'm what made them popular in the first place! It's not the other way around!" He explained, he wasn't actually yelling though.

"Well, if you're okay with it. Then so am I..." I didn't quite know if I was making a huge mistake by saying that, but I said it because I love him. But, he seemed like he was making a huge effort to stay with me, so its obvious that he loves me too. As long as he was willing to try to make this work, so am I because it shows me that he cares.