Beginning of New Orleans

(An abandoned ship is shown left in the middle of the sea.)

Man 1: What do you make of that?

Man 2: No banner; no flag. Floated in out of nowhere. A miracle ship.

Man 1: Why is it just sitting out there?

Man 2: Suppose we ought to find out.

(The men are shown entering the ship, below deck. They walk down the ladder one by one holding up lanterns for light as we hear water dripping sounds. They have other men with them.)

Man 2: Where in hell is everyone?

Man 1: Deserted. Which makes everything in the hold legally forfeit. Take what suits you.

Man 1: What do you make of that?

(He refers to two coffins.)

Man 1: Open it up.

(Man 2 hesitates slightly, but soon opens the coffin, to reveal a daggered Kol.)

Man 2: (Looks over the body) What the hell?!

(Suddenly a door is heard swung open and men start to get attacked and disappear, but it is unclear who's doing the attacking. There are wind sounds nearby as the men start to disappear. Man 2 is the last one left. He holds up his lantern to see who's taking his men.)

Rebekah: Hello.

(Man 2 turns around with his lantern up to face Rebekah. She is vamped up and her veins begin to disappear, as she wipes the blood off her lips with her handkerchief.)

Rebekah: Lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey. Can I eat him, brother?

Elijah: I'd rather you didn't.

(Eljiah is heard as a voiceover and soon appears out of a dark corner. He smiles slightly at Man 2.)

Elijah: There's no need to be afraid. (Compels) And do exactly as I say. You will remember nothing.

Man 2: I will remember nothing.

Elijah: We've had a very long journey, wherein which, unfortunately, we lost all of our crew. Therefore, I will ask you kindly to transport our belongings to the shore.

Man 2: What kind of hell demons are you?

Rebekah: We're vampires, darling. The Original vampires: Rebekah, Elijah, our brothers Kol and Finn; may they rest in peace.
Klaus: Are we saving the best for last?

Rebekah: And our half-brother, Niklaus. Ignore him; he's a beast.

(Klaus is shown with Man 1 as a dead body in his arms. His face is vamped up with blood over his mouth and he laughs slightly at Rebekah's comment, before pushing the dead body to the ground, which lands with a loud thud.)

Klaus: We fled Europe and survived the seas. Would you rather I arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?

Elijah: Niklaus, your manners are, as always, without equal. Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is that we have landed?

Man 2: The French colony of Louisiana, off the shores of a town they have named New Orleans.

Elijah: Thank you so much. Oh, I do recommend that you find yourself further assistance for the luggage. My sincere apologies.
(Elijah soon leaves. Man 2 looks around with his lantern to see men lying dead on the ground. Some against the wall, that are covered with their own blood. The walls have blood on them as well. All the men had been 'rippered')