Something new?

(Elijah is standing in front of "Rousseau's". Sophie Deveraux leaves the restaurant through a backdoor. She goes to a little table with burning candles on it. A dog barks somewhere. Sophie starts crying and talking to her dead sister.)

Sophie: Oh, you got me into this, Jane. Give me the strength to finish it.

(The door snaps shut. Sophie turns around. Suddenly, two vampires jump into the alley.)

Sophie: The doors work, you know.

Vampire 1: You're doing magic?

Sophie (raising her voice): I'm praying to my dead sister. Go ahead, pay your respects.

Vampire 2: Don't make this a thing, Sophie. The hybrid was looking for Jane-Anne. Marcel wants to know why.

Sophie: I'd say ask her yourself, but I guess you can't, seeing as Marcel killed her.

(One of the vampires speeds up and grabs Sophie. But suddenly, he disappears. Sophie looks around, afraid; the second Vampire is confused. Something falls to the ground. It's the heart of the other vampire. The second vampire looks up and then turns around to attack Sophie, but before he reaches her, he is also grabbed by a dark shadow. The vampire gets thrown at the wall, a dagger stuck in his chest. Elijah stands near Sophie, looking at the dead vampire.)

Elijah: I'm Elijah. You heard of me?

Sophie: (nodding) Yes.

Elijah: So, why don't you tell me what business your family has with my brother?

(Sophie and Elijah are at the cemetery. Sophie opens the squeaking gate and enters the cemetery. Elijah stops in front of the entry. Sophie turns around.)

Sophie: This is sacred ground, which means vampires have to be invited in. But, since I'm desperate... Come on in.

(Elijah is able to enter the cemetery now.)

Sophie: We can talk freely here.

Elijah: Then I suggest you start talking. What did your sister want with Niklaus?

Sophie: Isn't it obvious? We have a vampire problem, and we need help. Marcel has an army backing him. The witches have been trying to fight back. We haven't had much luck, until my sister Jane-Anne met a girl, a werewolf passing through the quarter from a small town in Virginia. She had a special connection to your brother.

Elijah: What kind of connection?

Sophie: Apparently, they spent some time together. One thing led to another and now this special werewolf girl – she's pregnant. And the father of the child she's carrying is your brother Klaus.

Elijah: That's impossible.

Sophie: Nothing is impossible, especially not when it comes to your brother. Think about it – they call him the hybrid, right? (She raises her voice and turns her head) Bring her out!

(Three witches come out, standing in formation around Hayley, the pregnant werewolf girl. Elijah watches her with interest, while Hayley seems a bit confused and really irritated.)

Hayley: Who the hell are you?

Elijah: Give us a moment, please.

(Elijah and Hayley are inside a burial vault, lit by numerous candles on the walls around them.)

Elijah: So, have they been holding you here against your will?

Hayley: They lured me out to the bayou and grabbed me. And they did all these... weird witchy tests. Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead. They can't have children!