Will the Devil like Nature's gift?

(Elijah talks to Rebekah on the phone.)

Elijah: He's willing to give up everything.

Rebekah: Come on, Elijah, does that really surprise you?

Elijah: I already see it. He's spiralling. He's lashing out in blind rage. You know, the last time I saw him like this it lasted 200 years.

Rebekah: Then leave him to his temper tantrum and come home. With any luck this misadventure will allow us a reprieve from all of his insanity.

Elijah: He was so close. When he heard the baby's heartbeat, I could see it in his eyes. He... he wanted... he could almost taste happiness. And now his temper has destroyed it. Even if I was to return him to sanity, he just lost Marcel's trust. So, I'm almost out of time to get the girl.

Rebekah: Get her? Have you lost her mind? Are we running an orphanage now?

Elijah: Say what you will about Niklaus, but on my life I'm not letting anything happen to that baby.

(Marcel talks on his cell phone.)

Marcel: You find him, and then you call me. Don't worry. I know how to deal with Klaus.

(Elijah appears.)

Elijah: Is that so? Please elaborate.

Marcel: Elijah Mikaelson.

(Marcel's entourage of vampire bodyguards, seated around the restaurant, rise as one in readiness to protect.)

Marcel: No. I got it. It's all good.

(Elijah takes a seat opposite Marcel.)

Elijah: It's time we had a little chat.

Marcel: Well if you're gonna talk, talk. I got things to do.

Elijah: Oh my, you have grown quite confident over the last century, haven't you?

Marcel: Me? I'd say it's you and your brother who got cocky, coming to my town like you own the place.

Elijah: Well, we did own the place once. We were all quite happy here as I recall. But we could never control those pesky witches of the French Quarter. How do you do it?

Marcel: Your brother asked me the same question. I gave him the same answer: It's my business. Everything in the Quarter is my business. Klaus comes into town all nice and friendly, then he starts looking down his nose at what I've down like it's some cheap knock-off of one of his dumb paintings, then he gets pissed of like a little bitch and bites one of my guys.

Elijah: Well, I do apologize for Klaus' poor behavior. I assume you know that that bite will kill your friend within a matter of days. Of course, Niklaus' blood would cure him.

Marcel: What?

Elijah: Yes, apparently the blood of the hybrid will cure a werewolf bite. Quite a handy little thing when one needs leverage in negotiation.

Marcel: What kind of negotiations are we talking about?

Elijah: Return the body of the witch Jane-Anne. Allow her people to put her to rest.

Marcel: What do you care about the witches?

Elijah: Well, that's my business, now, isn't it?

(The witches are still in the mausoleum. The church clock starts tolling.)

Agnes: His time is up. What're you gonna do now, Sophie?

Sophie: I'm gonna do what I said was gonna do.

Sabine: What, kill the girl? Kill yourself?

Agnes: Klaus does not care about the child.

(Elijah appears.)