Father vs Friend?

(Marcel brings a bottle of wine to a table and sits with Cami.)

Marcel: I sent everyone home for the night. I am your humble host.Cami: Oh... okay. Extra points for flair.Marcel: And the night's just started. What made you decide to come?Cami: Everyone deserves a chance.

(Suddenly the doors of the restaurant swing wide open and Rebekah bursts inside.)

Rebekah: You lied to me. Where's my brother?Marcel: Hello to you, too. Cami, Rebekah – Rebekah, Cami.Rebekah: I see you still have a thing for blondes.Cami: Hey–

(Rebekah grabs Marcel by the neck and vampire speeds him across the room, slamming him against the wall.)

Rebekah: Tell me where Elijah is.Cami: What the hell is going on?Rebekah: Tell me where he is or I will kill you!

(Marcel merely looks at Rebekah; there is a brief flash of the time they had passionately kissed, as though Marcel has sent the memory to her deliberately.)

Marcel: No, you won't.

(Slowly, Rebekah backs off, releasing him.)

Rebekah: Perhaps you're right.

(After a moment's silence, Rebekah vamp-speeds over to Cami and pins her by the throat against the wall.)

Rebekah: But I will kill her.Marcel: Let her go. You won. I'll take you to see Elijah.

(Rebekah waits another moment, then releases Cami, who gasps for air.)

Cami: What the hell are you people?

(Marcel gently takes her by the shoulders.)

Marcel: Shh, it's okay. (compelling her) Go home, forget all this, and just know that I will make it up to you. I promise. (to Rebekah) You wanna see Elijah? Fine. Follow me.

(Rebekah follows him out of the restaurant, leaving Cami alone.)

DAVINA'S ATTIC ROOM

(Marcel opens the door to an attic and enters, Rebekah following behind him. She sees Elijah's coffin, and moves to enter the room but cannot – she is magically barred entry.)

Rebekah: Invite me in.Marcel: Gotta ask the lady of the house. Davina, come on out, sweetheart.

(Davina enters the room and stands at Marcel's side.)

Marcel: Invite her in.Davina: Come in.

(Rebekah enters, strides over to Elijah's coffin and opens it to find her brother inside. She grabs the dagger and starts to pull it out.)

Davina: I wouldn't do that.

(Rebekah, magically compelled, shoves the dagger back in.)

Rebekah: Who the hell are you?Davina: Davina. (to Marcel) She's an old one, isn't she?Marcel: Yeah. Rebekah is an Original, which means she can't be killed.Davina: She doesn't seem very nice.Marcel: She can be... but she hasn't been very nice to me tonight.Davina: (to Rebekah) Then I'm afraid it's time for you to leave.

(Without moving a muscle, Davina magically propels Rebekah across the room, slamming her against walls several times before sending her through a door, which shuts behind her.)

FLASHBACK – NEW ORLEANS, 1887

(Rebekah awakens, her hair styled in the 1830s fashion, and sits up in bed. Klaus sits nearby, twirling the silver dagger with its point balanced on a table.)

Klaus: Well, it's about time. I was bored waiting... but I did so want to see your face, and it is, indeed, priceless.Rebekah: You bastard. What day is it?Klaus: Sunday.Rebekah: I have been daggered for a whole week? Marcel – what have you done to him?Klaus: It's 1887, Rebekah. You've been daggered for 52 years.Rebekah: What?Klaus: And don't worry about Marcel. I presented him with a choice: he could choose to undagger you and live out the rest of his human days with you, or–Rebekah: No.Klaus: –I could turn him instead, as he's always wanted, in exchange for giving you up.Rebekah: No. He wouldn't do that to me.Klaus: Oh, but he did.