Baby In Danger

Marcel walks through the pews of the church toward Davina's room in the attic, where she is kneeling over where Elijah lays in his coffin. She removes the dagger, and stares at it for a moment. At the Mikaelson mansion, Klaus stares at a large painting in his study while he talks to Cami]

KLAUS: Over the course of my life, I've encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest, regardless of who gets hurt. Is it evil to take what one wants? To satisfy hunger, even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world.CAMI: [confused] No offense, but I'm not sure I follow why you've invited me here.KLAUS: [smiles] Because I enjoy your company. And, I sense that you have the capacity for understanding someone of my... complexity. You see, I returned to New Orleans to investigate a threat posed against me. What I found was a young woman, pregnant, in need of protection. My brother, always the do-gooder, tried to manipulate me into helping her--he thought it might redeem me. Trouble is, I've since learned of another young woman-- a girl, really, one with vast potential—- held in captivity by a tyrant. I want to help both of these women—- protect one and free the other. So, tell me, Cami-- does that sound evil to you?CAMI: I don't believe in evil as a diagnosis. I think you have unstable personal relationships, stress-related paranoia, chronic anger issues, fear of abandonment. I think you could benefit from talking to someone. Professionally.

[Klaus smiles in amusement]

KLAUS: I think I prefer to talk to you. So, I'm going to offer you a job as my stenographer.CAMI: [still confused] Okay. What are we writing? KLAUS: My memoirs, of course. Someone should know my story. And, it will give us time to discuss other riveting subjects, like your handsome suitor, Marcel.CAMI: [mildly offended] Excuse me? My private life is–-KLAUS: [interrupts her] Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans. You see, Marcel wants you. And, because of that, he will trust you, which serves me. The thing is, the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side there's me, and on the other, Marcel. Along with a very powerful witch and an army of vampires.CAMI: [freaked out] WHAT?

[Klaus vamp-speeds over to her, pushes her against a wall, and starts to compel her]

KLAUS: [smirks] You're frightened. Don't be.CAMI: [puzzled] I'm not scared anymore. That's... amazing. How did you...?KLAUS: It's called compulsion. It's a neat bit of vampire trickery. I'll tell you all about it. But first, let's talk a little more about Marcel.

[Cami stares at him warily]

[Up in Davina's room in the attic, Marcel leans over Elijah's coffin and stares at him while Davina looks out the window]

MARCEL: This sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit. [He pauses a beat] Doesn't matter. Time to give ol' Elijah back to Klaus, anyway.DAVINA: You asked me to figure out a way to kill the Originals. I'm not done! The silver dagger hurts them, but that's it.MARCEL: Davina, we've been through this. Klaus saved my life, I owe him one. Since he wants his brother back–-DAVINA: [interrupts him] Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival. I wanna go. Please?MARCEL: The whole point of you being up here is so you're never spotted out there. You know who works smack in the middle of Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux. Pain-in-the-ass witch? And you know what the witches will do to you if they find you.DAVINA: [pouts] But you control the witches. Make her go away!

[Marcel shakes his head, and Davina groans in annoyance]

DAVINA: Marcel, it's one night!MARCEL: I said, 'No'.

[Marcel turns and walks toward the door to leave, but Davina stops him]

DAVINA: I do anything you say, but sometimes I think you forget what I'm capable of. Did you know I can make someone's blood boil? All I have to do is focus.