Kingdom keys

[Klaus is staring out the window and drinking scotch when Rebekah enters the living room]

Klaus: I thought you were leaving us.

REBEKAH: We both know this family can barely function without me. Where are Elijah and Hayley?

Klaus: I left them in the Bayou.

REBEKAH: [frowns] Why?

Klaus: Elijah and I had a bit of a row. [He laughs bitterly] Hayley's conspired to turn him against me. You know our brother was never one to resist a pretty face! So, one thing led to another, and I bit him, left them both stranded in the swamp.

REBEKAH: [becomes livid] Daggering, biting, deserting. Does your wickedness ever end?

Klaus: My "wickedness" is self-preservation! And I wouldn't have to go to such lengths were I not presented on all sides with ignorance and treachery! Now that Elijah's abandoned me, I'll be needing you in my plot against Marcel.

[Rebekah glares at her brother resentfully]

Klaus: [pours himself another drink] Don't expect to be leaving town anytime soon.

REBEKAH: Why should I help you, after what you did to Elijah?

Klaus: [hurt] You're my family. Besides, who better to spy on Marcel than the girl he so clearly loves? [He sits on the coffee table in front of Rebekah, who sits on the couch] You can tell me all his secrets. Like, how did he find us here? Huh, any idea about that, little sister?

REBEKAH: [anxious] How should I know why Marcel does what he does?

Klaus: You think I don't know about your engineered run-ins all over the Quarter? I know you've had private chats with him! Just tell me what secrets he's confided to you. Is he plotting against me?

REBEKAH: [glares at him and gets in his face] My poor brother, so paranoid. Marcel knows nothing! He's not plotting against you, he simply thinks you're in a quarrel in need of making up.

Klaus: [sighs] Perhaps we will. After all-- [He points and leans in aggressively toward Rebekah]-- you know I'm capable of forgiving those who disappoint me. As soon as they've seen the error of their ways... and suffered for them. You'd do well to remember that.

[Klaus gets up and walks away]

REBEKAH: [mutters under her breath] You never let me forget.

[Tyler and Marcel sit at a table in the bar room while a couple of vampire guards stand around nearby]

MARCEL: You wanna make a deal with me, you gotta offer me something. I already know about Hayley, the werewolf girl. What else you got?TYLER: What if I told you that werewolf girl is carrying Klaus' child?

[Marcel leans in, clearly interested]

TYLER: And, if that baby is born, it'll mean the end of the vampire species.

[Marcel nods at him, silently agreeing to work together]

[Rebekah is in the confessional booth, talking through a screen to Father Kieran, who seems annoyed]

REBEKAH: I should never have come back here. This is the town where I fell in love-- and where love failed us. I assume you know who I'm talking about?KIERAN: You should know Marcel and I are not on the best of terms right now.REBEKAH: But you are an active priest, are you not? Ready and able to hear my confession?KIERAN: Usually the word "willing" falls somewhere in that sentence. Are you even Catholic? REBEKAH: I've been on this Earth for a thousand years. I can't say for certain that I believe in anything like a God. But, I need absolution from someone. Anyone. So, will you hear my confession or not?