➥𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐒 I {Mystery Triller}

CORVUS {MYSTERY/THRILLER}

🕵️‍♀️∘─Results of Mystery/Thriller─∘🕵️‍♀️

1. HER HEART LIVES ON

Title (5) -4.5
A very straightforward title. It really encompasses the plot of the story well.

Cover (5) -3.5
It's a really nice cover which really gives us a feel of the two protagonists. What I didn't like, though, was the white outline around the cover which made it seem unprofessional.

Blurb (5) -3
The blurb was long. I felt like it could be summarized more in a way that captures the gist of the plot while at the same time capturing the reader's interest. I also found issues to do with grammar and punctuation.

Characters & Development (10) -8
The characters were well described. We got to know a lot about their backstories through the author's narration. Great job.

Plot (10) -8.5
An original storyline. Very creative.

Flow/ Organisation. (10) -8
The flow borders on slow. We spent two chapters plus the prologue in the hospital. Other than that the paragraphs flow very well.

Writing style/narration (10) -9
I would like to commend the writer/ author for going the extra mile to give us everyone's point of view without necessarily changing the style of narration. The description is splendid and the idioms used really added flavor to the book.

Anticipation (5) -3.5
Mystery has a lot to do with suspense and building tension. Some chapters nailed this while others didn't. I suggest working on the endings to the chapter in such a way that they make the reader want to turn the next page.

Grammar (10) -6.5
The author faced a challenge here. Especially in the tense aspect. There were also a few misplaced words here and there. The punctuation also had a few problems for example where the author used a comma in place of a full stop.

Overall enjoyment. (10) -8
For me, this was an emotional rollercoaster. There were ups (parts that I enjoyed like the humour between the protagonist and his best friend) and then downs.

REVIEW: I loved the originality of the story line. One could tell that this was someone's hard work and sweat put down on paper. However, the mystery genre is almost always about maintaining the intrigue, the suspense and the tension so that the reader wants to know more. So, like I said in my earlier comment, the author needs to work on this especially in the chapter endings so that the reader keeps turning the pages or in this case keeps scrolling.

TOTAL: 62.5/80

═───────◇───────═

2. UNDISCLOSED SECRETS by ViniShah2

Title (5) -4.5 The title is ironic. Some may call it comic, while others may call it a repetition. After all a secret is only a secret if it's undisclosed. I see it all three ways and that's why you have a 4.

Cover (5) -3.5 The cover is beautiful, aesthetic even, but the problem is the text at the top of the title is barely visible. If you want it to be seen let it be seen, otherwise my suggestion would be removing it entirely.

Blurb (5) -3.5 The blurb is nice and gripping but it's a little too short and unrevealing. It doesn't tell me exactly what I should expect in the story.