➥𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐒 I {Non Fiction/Random}

CORVUS {NON FICTION/RANDOM}

🕵️‍♀️∘─Results of Non Fiction/Random─∘🕵️‍♀️

═───────◇───────═

1. LIFE BY Prarthana_dinesh

Title: 3/
I have mixed feelings about the title. A part of me says it's too simple and that you should add the subtitle, The Best Teacher, to the title itself so that it now says Life: The Best Teacher, but another part of me says it's just right. Therefore, I will leave the decision up to you. Regardless of what you choose, the title will remain relevant to the story.

Cover: 4/5
In a nutshell, the cover is very beautiful. However, I think you can enhance the picture in the background a little to make the cover even more appealing. There is an app called Remini that's a great source when it comes to enhancing cover photos (I use it for my books). Canva also has an auto-enhance option that helps with this. I love the inclusion of the flowers and mountains on the cover because they really show you just how precious life is.

Blurb: 2/5
While the blurb's a little short and can benefit from being longer, I enjoy how it gets straight to the point. I really love the inclusion of the quotes you conjured, to help get a few of your lessons across. However, as this is a nonfiction book, it may be a bit difficult to find a blurb that truly pulls your reader in. The blurb lacks setting and what's at stake, which is something all blurbs need, as well as character. I will get to this more in the Plot section of the rubric.

Characters and Their Development: 4/10
Yes, I know this is a nonfiction book, but even nonfiction need a hint of character in it, which is something you need to consider greatly. I wish I could change this part of the rubric, but I can't, so I'll just tell you my suggestion, if you want a higher score in this section.

Add more characters and story to the book. A great example of this is in Words, when you tell the small story about the boy. Why not add a story and character or two to each chapter, to make it easier to get your messages across like you did in this chapter? In some nonfiction books I've seen, especially cooking ones, the author tells a story about how the dish came to be. I believe you need to do this here so in a sense, the audience does get a hint of storytelling.

Plot: 5/10
The idea behind the book is definitely interesting, but like I've already mentioned, there is a severe lack of plot. I gave you half these points, because the book is nonfiction, but this score would be a full zero if it wasn't. I've mentioned this already, but I'll mention it again: Like what you did in Words, add a small story and a few characters to each chapter-perhaps as an example of value, comparison, etc. I can think of a bunch of small stories to tell in these chapters-stories that I've experienced in my own life. If you do this, not only will the book be a self-help guide, it will also be a short story anthology, which is what I think it needs to be.

For a little more information about how to pull of storytelling and nonfiction in a nonfiction book, take a look at a few of the memoir chapters in my novel, Wait! I Wrote That?. I found a way to combine the storytelling element with the nonfiction. I think it will help you a lot.

What I'm explaining in this section if creative nonfiction.

Flow/Organization: 8/10
This was a strong element in your book. Each chapter flowed very nicely and had an amazing "life" message in it (I put quotes around "life" because that's the name of the book). I also love your look into life as a whole and what it has taught you. Those are some things you definitely need to keep, as you continue to improve in this genre. I can relate to each chapter, since I've fallen victim to some of the things you mentioned, so that's great when it comes to leaving an impression on your audience. Overall, the books flowed and was organized very nicely; I just wish I saw a little more storytelling.