Twelve

Mia's POV:

Oh my gosh its kylie. I grab her arm and pull her into a hug. I missed her so much.

"Oh my gosh I'm so happy you're here I missed you so much." I said letting her go.

"I missed you so much too." She squealed.

"We have so much to catch up on it's crazy." I said way to excited. Can you blame me I haven't seen my best friend in months.

"I know it felt like you were gone forever."

I momentarily forgot that Jack was standing right behind me. I reach for his hand and brought him closer to me.

"So Kylie,this is my boyfriend... Jack." I said wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Hi I'm Kylie, Mia' best friend. It's so nice to meet you." She said shaking Jack's hand.

"You too." Said Jack.

"Can I steal her we have to catch up."

"I guess." He laughed. "Don't forget about the welcome dinner at 7."Jack reminded.

"I won't."

Jack kissed me and then I'm getting dragged out of the doorway by Kylie.

-

"Tell me everything about California how is it going? How did you meet jack? He's so cute good job girl." Kylie rambled on

"Slow down Lightning Mcqueen." I said laughing.

"What? Tell me... I need to know?

I rolled my eyes and I took a sip of my jamba juice that we got earlier and sat down on a bench. Kylie sat and looked at me impatiently. I told how Jack and I meet, his dad and how great California is.

"So" I said changing the topic. "Have you talked to Austin lately?" I asked whike messing with my straw.

She signed. "Actually I talk to him everyday."

I tensed at what she just said. She talks to him everyday? What the hell.

"He's a really good guy we've gotten really close." she continued.

Now I'm mad. I don't want to hear it.

"How could you talk to him kylie, he came to california looking for me. Do you hear me. Looking for ME. What sane person does that? Oh wait he's not sane I forgot. He tried to rape me Kylie And you call him a good guy? You know what he did to me." I shook my head and got up to walk back to the hotel.

Her face looked like it was covered in shame and guilt for a second. But it changed like she was right.

"He's truly changed Mia. I'm serious." She said hoping I believed her.

She must be crazy like Austin to believe that he is a changed person. Uh no. If anything he's far from it.

I cant with her right now. "I cant be friends with someone who thinks that a person like him can just change. Bye Kylie."

I walked fast back to the hotel and I look back to make sure she wasn't following me. She wasn't she was on the phone laughing. Okay so much for 'best friend' and always having my back. Where is McKenna? She is what a real bestfriend is. I need her right now. I pulled out my phone, and searched for her name through my contacts.

I dialed her number hoping she picks up. I walked back inside the hotel, I remember seeing a sign that said game room. I saw the sign and followed it.

"Hello?" She said with sleep in her voice.

"Hey Kenna did I wake you up?" I asked even though I knew the answer.