Chapter 21

(This is also going to be short, but the next one is going to be longer, I promise)

"Because I'm pregnant!" Clara screamed in his face, William's face went white, his blood ran cold. He felt sick to his stomach.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant..." Clara whispered, letting a tear fall from her green eyes, "I got tested last week."

William went quiet, he tried his best to comprehend what she said. He shook his head and brushed past her, he went into the house, up the stairs, and to his office. He locked the door and sat at the desk. He sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"She's pregnant," He thought, his heart pounding, "I got her pregnant, she- I- I'm going be a father..."

"Wait a minute..." "I'm going to be a father..."

William let the thought resonate through his mind for a moment.

"I'm going to be a father!"

"I'm going to be a father." He jumped out of his seat and raced downstairs, he found Clara in the backyard, in the garden surrounded by roses. He ran up to her, picked her up, spun her around, and kissed her on the lips passionately.

"I'm going to be a father!" He shouted with excitement, "A father!"

Clara was shocked by this sudden outburst of happiness from the older man but she accepted it. He hugged her tight and littered her face with kisses.

"Clara, I love you! I love you so much! I love you, I love you, I love you!" He said with a bright grin on his face.
"I love you too William." She giggled, kissing him back on the lips. He set her down and got on his knees, he kissed her belly and smiled.

"And I love you too." He whispered, pressing his cheek to her stomach, "My little son or daughter."

Clara smiled, looked down at her lover and petted his neat hair, "I love you."

"What if it's twins?"

"Oh god," Clara laughed, "That'd be horrible!"

"Horrible?" Tavington gasped in fake shock, "I think two smaller me's would be fantastic."

"I love you so much William."

"I love you too."

A week passed, William and Clara were walking on a small trail they found in the woods. It was a bit chilly, he wrapped his arms around her, they made it on a small bridge together, the wind blew softly making the trees rustle. Clara looked out and threw a rock into the water, skipping it across the lake about 4 times. They talked about the baby and her pregnancy. They were so happy together, Clara never wanted to leave his side, she stuck to him as a barnacle to a rock. And if Marriage was ever in the cards then they would vow to be together until death do they part.

"Clara." William said softly. Clara turned around and saw him on one knee.

"William...."

"I love you Clara with all my heart, I want to marry you," He smiles and hands her a ring, "You are my light, my hope, my world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and if you take this ring. I promise to carry any burden you have on my shoulders and help you in any way possible. Marry me?"

"William," Clara smiled, turning a bright pink, "Yes!" She squealed in excitement, "Yes! I will marry you!"

William Tavington slid the ring on her finger and smiled at her, he got up and she jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply. He grins and hugs her tight.

"I love you." Clara said, kissing his jaw. William smiles and kisses her forehead.

"I love you so much." He said back, "You are my whole life, soon-to-be Mrs. Clara Tavington."