The greatest surprise-2

Ipl 2020 auction

Csk has retained Ruturaj but this time he has already made a place in everyone's eyes due to his performance for India-A

He was a star performer of the series and everyone were looking forward for him to be in the auction and as always dhoni and csk management has played it's cards and didn't leave rutu. The retained him and were looking forward to his performance in the coming season. He still remembers when he came to know that he was going to play for csk for a year more which means he gets one more year to see his idol play closely and learn lessons from the great.

The auction day was completed and it was first virtual team meeting of csk as the ipl got postponed due to the outbreak of Covid-19. But he met some of the players like maahi bhai, Sonu, cherry as they weren't playing internationals and then they departed to their home since the ipl got postponed. It's been six months since the heartbreak, the last day they saw mahi Bhai playing an international. No one has idea when he was going to play again. No one knew whether he was going to play again or not.

In the first meeting newbies introduced themselves to each other and  caught on to each other's whereabouts. It was not only cricket they spoke but also about their personal life. One thing that rutu observed is this wasn't any formal or professional team environment when ever they meet or call eachother, it's always been a comfortable family environment where they tease each other to no extent and they laugh together, share their issues, joke around, argue with eachother , complaint about each other's wives and what not.

And never once he felt out of the box, it was always either of them pulling him into the conversation. He always felt comfortable around them. There was no fantastic opener faf du plesis from South Africa or the champion from West Indies it was always just Faf and Bravo in csk. They never really showed off or behaved like one. They were so friendly and easy to go persons who would help him without any second thought or hesitation.

Rutu also observed that there was no hesitation in taking decisions by management or captain. They always make the point clear to the player about his situation. They directly say what is his position and what do the team needs from him and where can he be used. Just like that it was August month. The 5 months passed with people being locked in their homes. And now it was time for some action as BCCI released the IPL schedule every team started to prepare.

After the team meeting (mentioned in the 1st chapter of my other book F.R.7.3.N.D.S, check it out if you haven't still) it was decided that CSK will have a 10-day practice session at chennai, and all the available indian players will attend and then enroute to UAE. This was the plan and rutu was so excited to meet his friends in the camp like Sai, Jaggi and others.

14 th of August they reached Chennai and had a small meeting where the bomb was dropped that csk was expecting rutu to be opener, and would have a chance to play. At first he was nervous but when the captain himself gave him a pep talk all his worries flew away and he was waiting for the day to perform.

15th of August,... He chuckled to himself remembering how he got the shock of his life. After the practice session they reached hotel and had their dinner in peace. He was just sitting by in the lawn of the hotel with his friends having a chat when rayudu walked out with his eyes glued to his mobile. When Sai offered to sit with rayudu gladly accepted and was still glued to phone when Jaggi asked
J: what happened bhai what are u so keen in doing that u aren't even lifting ur eyes from ur mobile.
R: nothing Jaggi i was just posting the pic of me and mahi bhai on Instagram but I'm unable to write a correct caption.

J: what??? U ...u are going to post a pic omgggg!!!
Everyone their around chuckled for his dramatic expression but their expression was no less than it since it was rayudu, who almost avoids to post anything in Instagram.