Statement

"Can I help you?" a man in a blue uniform said as we walked into the station. He seemed like he was part of the cops that Kenzie had told me about.

        "I would like to turn myself in," I said.

        "Do you have a criminal charge of any sort? Any arrest warrants, are you under house arrest, on probation, etc.?" the officer asked calmly. I looked over to Kenzie, who just shrugged.

        "Not that I know of," I said.

        "Then why are you here? You should wait till an arrest warrant is submitted before turning yourself in, otherwise we have no crime to hold you for," he said.

        "Shouldn't you detain him anyway, officer?" Kenzie asked.

        "For what? You haven't stated a crime. You could just walk out till evidence is found," he said.

        "Well I'm not going to walk out," I said.

        "What crime have you committed?" he asked.

        "Well, he hasn't committed a crime exactly," Kenzie said.

        "Then why are you here?" he asked.

        "He needs protection," she responded.

        "From what or who?" he asked.

        "Hudson Enterprise," she responded. The man looked up at her with a bored and disinterested look.

        "Right. For what reason?" he asked.

        "Because this is Hudson Graves Jr. He survived an assasination attempt," Kenzie said.

        "Do you have any proof of these claims?" he asked.

        "Check his prints, his DNA, whatever," Kenzie said.

        "We will do that in a moment. Any proof of the assasination attempt?" he asked.

        "Can't his statement be enough to warrant protection?" Kenzie retorted.

        "So the answer is no. Does he have a lawyer if a case is filed?" he asked.

        "Yes," Kenzie answered. The man took out a piece of paper from a folder, grabbed a pen, and started scribbling things down.

        "So can you help me?" I cautiously asked.

        "I can see what can be arranged, if your identity checks out," he said. I looked over to Kenzie, who gave me a small thumbs up.

        "Okay. Let's get this done with," I said.

        "Follow me," the man said, standing up from his desk. He then turned and walked into a small hallway with a few doors, and opened the first one on the left side of the hallway.

        "You have to wait out here," he said, looking at Kenzie.

        "What? Why?" Kenzie argued.

        "You are a citizen, and are not the one being identified. Your presence is unnecessary," the cop responded.

        "...Fine. Don't worry too much about it, I'll be right outside the door," Kezie said to me. The cop gestured to the door, and I stepped through. The room wasn't too small, but it was filled with a lot of different machines. There were computers, a camera facing a white sheet with black horizontal lines, and some others that I haven't seen before. The man led me to a black machine that had a white square on top of it.