five

CHAPTER FIVE
❪ stars crossed ❫

With the rest of the students that were eligible to add their names, the sorting began as the dining hall got crowded and Dumbledore stood in the middle with the goblet.

Harry sat in front of Hermione as Ron and Leo sat behind them both near the window. Neville took the spot beside Ron as Leo relaxed his arms across his knees. Although being bummed about not getting the chance to be a part of the tournament, he was still just as eager as the rest to see who gets picked.

Lina was somewhere in the room as well, sitting with her group of friends from Slytherin although she was a year younger than her brother and younger to the rest.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for – the champions selection!" With his hand raised, professor Dumbledore lowered the lights from the fire burning spread around the hall. The only thing illuminating the room now was the blue flame coming from the goblet.

He placed his hands upon the goblet, almost encouraging it and manifesting names to be drawn completely anonymous.

The blue flame danced silently before flickering and spitting out a piece of parchment into the air. Half burnt and folded several times until landing in Dumbledore's grasp. He opened it slowly, raising excitement between each student before calling out the name. "The Durmstrange champion is Viktor Krum!"

Cheers erupted and students shoved their friend forward as he threw a fist in the air happily. He stepped up to the professor, receiving a gentle hand on the back before being led out of the hall and into a different room.

Another name came flying out of the goblet. "The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!"

Gorgeous girls cheered proudly for their fellow classmates, including the girls from Hogwarts, such as Lina herself who was most excited.

Leo smiled, believing if she had a choice, she'd most definitely be with the Beauxbatons.

" – The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

Each house belonging to Hogwarts cheered even louder than the other schools. Displaying their proud victory for having Cedric as the student who would represent them all. Even Leo felt a bit of relief knowing it would be him, better than any other git that didn't know what they were doing.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore shouted proudly. "We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory – "

Leo eagerly leaned forward in his spot as Crouch carried a hidden object underneath a blanket into the room, placing it down on the table in front of the students.

" – the Triwizard Cup!"

Chills shot up Leo's arms and spine as the cup was quickly revealed. Its beauty and aura being put on display for everyone to see. Only a bit of jealousy spurred in his stomach, he so desperately wanted to be the one to bring that home.

The sounds of cheers and clapping slowly began to drown out as Professor Snape took a curious step away from the cup, his eyes centered on the goblet in the center of the room. It's blue flames dancing about and creating a commotion for all to see.

Dumbledore turned quickly, his gaze settling on the objects as another piece of parchment shot through the sky and slowly landed in his grasp.

The air grew still and everyone remained silent, curious to know what name was about to be mentioned.

"Harry Potter," Dumbledore muttered.

Leo whipped his head towards his friend. "Harry potter," his name was spoken more firmly now.