six

CHAPTER SIX
❪ stars crossed ❫

"How'd he seem?"

"Absolutely terrified."

Leo leaned against the railing from inside the stadium where they waited patiently for Harry's game to start. His arms crossed and his head hung low briefly. "Then he hasn't lost just yet."

"You're thinking he'll lose?" Ron commented from beside Hermione.

The taller boy shook his head. "He should be scared to fight against a dragon, it tells me he has his head on straight." He turned his head to his friends and Hermione visibly gulped nervously. "He won't come out bold on his own high horse."

" – And he has his wand, he knows that. He's going to use it to his best ability."

"So we hope," Hermione muttered.

Leo nodded in agreement. "So we hope."

The crowd began to settle down and the chatter amongst the students grew silent as Harry peered out from inside a dark hole. His eyes looked around confused and wide, patiently waiting to spot the dragon that he assumed would be resting by the egg, but was nowhere to be seen.

He took a few cautious steps forward before narrowing his eyes on the egg ahead of him and marching towards it.

The dragon noticed his presence and came around the corner, knocking Harry to the side with its large spiky tail. Rocks fell around the boy as he laid on the ground covering his head. The crowd gasped and their eyes darted around the arena, not wanting to miss a glimpse at the action.

But Harry didn't make any improvements as he kept running and dodging the dragon's tail before having to hide from its fire.

Hermione shot forward, her hand tapping against the railing eagerly as she shouted to her friend. "Your wand Harry! Your wand!"

The boy looked up at his friends and quickly nodded. "Accio Firebolt!" He shouted while waving his wand. The dragon flew up near the sky, centering on Harry who quickly hid behind a large boulder.

Leo bit his bottom lip nervously before he glanced up at the sound of something flying through the air.

Harry's broom came into view with perfect timing as the dragon shot fire out. Harry took one short glimpse to measure his timing before jumping out and perfectly landing on his broom.

Hermione grabbed onto Leo's arms, jumping up and down as she shouted happily. "Yes!"

The boy smiled wide at his friend, watching as he flew through the air. "Good job champ."

Just as Harry was about to swoop down and grab the egg, the dragon blew fire in his direction and forced him to fly upwards. The dragon began to follow by fluttering his wings in heavy motions, and with a strong tug, the chain that was keeping him trapped in the arena broke.

"Oh my god!" Someone shouted around them, followed by screams from other students as Harry dodged the dragon's bite by flying upwards.

He flew by the professors tent and the dragon quickly followed, its long dangerous tail ripping the fabric keeping them hidden from the sun in half, and even knocking a few teachers over.

"Yeah!" The twins shouted. "Well done dragon!"

Leo's eyes were wide, the grip on his arm from Hermione tightened to the point it started to go numb. "Bloody hell," he muttered. "There has to be something we can do."

"We have to trust Harry," Ron stated, as the redhead looked around to spot his best friend. "Flying is one of his strongest suits."

Hermione and Leo glanced at each other with short smiles.