eight

CHAPTER EIGHT
❪ stars crossed ❫

Leo waited patiently at the bottom of the stairs with Harry and Ron while they stood beside their own dates. The boy had his hands tucked deeply with the pockets of his coat. He wore on black, including his dress shirt and tie. He was one of the few that surprisingly stood out, not only with his height but with his lack of color as well. His long hair was neatly combed with part of his forehead showing through his bangs.

Seojun carried Lina on his arm towards her brother. The boy wore an all white suit with silver crystals on the collar of his jacket and an emerald green tie to match Lina's dress. The oldest siblings turned to his sister and smiled wide.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks!" Her hand fanned down the dress softly as Seojun gripped onto Leo's shoulder. "How come I look way better than you this evening?"

Leo shrugged off his hand and smiled. "I told my date I didn't want to upstage her so I dressed down."

Lina rolled her eyes. "You're so bloody stupid."

"Quite handsome though isn't he?"

Leo turned around quickly to face Chloe. Her blonde hair was perfectly straight, the front sides pulled back into white clips as a blue silk gown weighed over her body. She looked effortlessly stunning. Her blush cheeks and silver eyeshadow stood out the most to the boy.

"Good thing I got you this!" She waved a blue fabric in the air that matched the color of her dress. "So people actually know we're here together."

Leo laughed. "Sorry, I was making sure you would stand out."

She gently started tucking the fabric into the pocket on his chest, fanning it out softly with a proud smile. "Being your date is enough to catch some eyes. I'm lucky you even asked me."

"Well, technically it was you." He laughed nervously.

"What can I say? Men are slow." She grinned in response.

Seojun smiled. "We'll see you guys out there."

Chloe inhaled deeply, folding her hands across her lap as she waited beside her date with a small smile. "Are you nervous?" She gazed up at the boy and he nodded truthfully. "Just don't let me fall," she laughed.

"Alright you four!" Mcgonagall came waltzing over, holding her arms out to both Ron and Leo. "Please take your dates into the room please!"

Leo looked down at Chloe with a smile, holding out his arm for her to hold onto. "Don't worry now, I'm sure everyone will be looking at me." He sent her a playful wink, in reach she returned with a small slap on his arm and a giggle.

While they waited in the hall with the rest of the, Chloe kept her arm locked around Leo as they waited for the champions to enter the room.

The boy couldn't help but try to search for Hermione. He still had no idea who she picked as her date, but he was more eager to see how beautiful she looked. Guilt settled in his stomach, knowing he already had someone beautiful on his arm, but he couldn't doubt the butterflies in his stomach at the thought of Hermione.

The two large doors opened up and the music began to play as the champions entered the room with their dates on their arms. Fleur was the first to enter with Viktor following after. When Leo's eyes landed on Hermione and her pink dress, his heart tumbled slightly and a pang of jealousy fluttered through his chest.

"She looks beautiful!" Chloe whispered with a smile.

He couldn't have agreed more.