2 -Awake- EDITED

Listen to this while you read

My nose wrinkles at the common sterile smell that hospitals seemed to wear confidently. I slowly opened up my heavy eyes, squinting against the bright light that consumed my vision. My eyes are stinging, along with my arms. Everything just seems to hurt in one way or another. My fingers ache and pulsate as I clench my fists.

Slowly relaxing my eyes, I look down to the rest of my body, clad in a hospital gown. A small groan leaves my lips before I have time to think better of it. 

A hospital. It didn't work.

I try to lift my arms and legs up, but I can't; They're tied to the bed. I start struggling, shaking and rattling the bed, trying to get my arms and legs free. I feel the familiar blood trickle down my wrist again, a comfortable pain setting in, bringing to attention that I must've opened up my cuts.

I keep struggling until my muscles hurt and I realize that I'm freezing.

"I wouldn't keep doing that if I were you," The nurse's deep voice calls.

I turn my head at the sound to see someone sitting in an uncomfortable looking chair next to the door.

"Huh? Why not?" My mouth is dry and my voice cracks slightly, but I try to give him a small smile all the same.

"They'll sedate you, you're already on suicide watch. If you don't want someone to be watching you piss for the rest of your life, I'd stop," He shrugs. "Your choice."

I sigh, thinking about it. What if they watch me change? if they would watch me go to the bathroom, I don't think it's above them to watch me change for christ sake.

I give a small nod in his direction, relaxing back. "Can you just take these off?" I try to move my arms and legs around for show.

More droplets of blood seep through to the bandage.

I kept my eyes on the nurse as I struggled a few more times with an innocent smile.

Now I knew that my cut was at least half open. More blood spilled out, this time there was too much to just be soaked up by the bandage. A few drops of my blood fell from my left arm, making the sound of a splatter.

He groans, making a show of sarcastically setting down his clipboard on the floor and getting up. Once he does, I cower back, he's tall, really tall, and from this angle he looks intimidating. 

He runs a hand through his black hair, then takes off the cuff from my right hand, muttering shit when he sees a few drops of blood on the bandage.

"I'm gonna have to change that," he mumbles more to himself than me, before walking over to my left.

"Fucking christ. How did you manage to do that? Why didn't you tell someone?" He huffed, unbinding my arm and scanning the blood-soaked bandage.

"Do you realize why I'm here? Thought I'd give it one last try," I sighed sarcastically, not really meaning it, when it was purely accidental.

He walks out of the room for a moment, before coming back with a fresh roll of gauze.

I sit up, or at least try to, as my arms are still tied down.

"You're a fucking idiot," He took off the previously white bandage and put on a new one. Keeping his hand on it to put pressure and stop the bleeding. Then walks over to the other one and repeats the same process.

"Ooooh, that's a new one!" I smirked, being sarcastic.

"Surprising," He muttered.

"Rude." I mutter, under my breath.