15 -Not Ready- EDITED

I paused, my fingers intertwining with each other as my nails dug into them.

Damon grabbed my hands, separating them from each other and accessing the damage that I inflicted on my ivory skin.

He gave me a pointed look when he saw the red marks that I had left behind, rubbing them lightly with his rough thumb.

"So you'll be my daddy," I stuttered out, muttering profanities under my breath at the way that I stumbled of my words.

He sent me a disappointed look when he heard me cursing, but said nothing of it, adopting a more serious look on his face.

Damon nodded, "But, first of all, you need to tell my what happened, little boy. I need to know so that I can take care of you," he paused for a fraction of a second before starting up again, his tone softening, "I know that you're uncomfortable, but I have to know these things. Remember when we first met on the roof?" I nodded, slowly, "Those cuts," he ran his fingers over the long lines that rested on my skin, "Were still a little new, they opened back up then, so it must've not been too much later than from when you originally did it." I nodded, my eyes starting to water, "Oh love... I don't mean to make you sad," I nodded again, small sniffles escaping as he softened even more, "Can you tell me? Not in headspace?" I shook my head yes, although I had no doubt that I would inevitably slip.

I started, taking a deep breath, I sat criss cross, holding my hands together.

Me and Damon were sitting on my bed, facing one another, a little less than a foot apart.

"I decided that I had enough of it, my life was falling apart. I found out about my being gay years ago, I think Livi knew before me, but said nothing of it. Anyway, princes can't be gay, so that's out of the question. I can't just come out to the world, my mother would kill me. But I had come out to my father, not my mom because she would through a hissy fit and then arrange a marriage for me with a lady. Then after that I found out about," I paused, a furious blush playing on my cheeks, "About my love for skirts, and generally feminine clothing as a whole. I've always envied my sister for being able to wear whatever she wants. Maybe if I had her confidence or my brothers I would. My mother always wished that she had Charles and not me, so that he would become king. Because I could never be good enough, or strong enough, or tall enough. I could just never be enough for her, I could never be as smart as she'd like. And as everything was falling apart, I stopped trying, I stopped going to my lectures, stopped trying to be anything. I just gave up on myself. Then that's when the eating disorder first manifested, I'd start throwing up after each and every meal, I was losing way to much weight, seeing as I was already the tiniest bit underweight. But even before the ED I was cutting, it was bad, incredibly bad. At times, it would force me into headspace and I wouldn't even realize, it was my way of coping. But at the same time, while I was in little space, I couldn't take care of the blood, it scared me, but somehow, it became normal to me. And I guess at that point I was just broken, at points I tried to pick up the pieces, start over, maybe I'd attend a class, but it always failed, when I came out of it, I mean when I was trying to help myself, I would go back to my old habits, cutting deeper than usual, eating less than usual. It seemed that the harder I tried, the more it broke me."

Until then, I hadn't realized that I was crying and being pulled into Damon's lap.

"Oh love... It's okay, it's okay, shhh, I've got you," he ran a hand through my hair, calming me until my cries became small sniffles. "My sweet baby boy... I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but it's okay now... I'm here, it'll be okay, I've got you."

I snuggled deeper into his chest, still sniffling. "D-daddy." I tried it out, loving it.

"Yes, little boy?"