8 -Gray- EDITED

POV - Damon

My brain was swarmed with thoughts of the mysterious prince. He's quite the sight to see, all chubby cheeks and pouty lips.

What was even more intriguing was the fact that I seemed to have some effect on him if the slur of his words and red cheeks was anything to go by.

I wonder if he knows what he is? A little I mean, or age regressor if that makes more sense.

Well, that's what I'm guessing he is, when I used even a slightly commanding voice he fell right into headspace, I know he realized and must've been trying to stop it, but it was so adorable, I couldn't bring myself to leave it alone.

Besides, that's how I normally talk.

Maybe I'll go back to that roof tonight and see if he comes.

***

A light rhythmic knock sounded at the door and I knew immediately who it was from the beat, Sage.

"Come in."

"Hey, Asshat. So, meeting in 20, try to at least look slightly interested in your employees hard work."

I rolled my eyes, "You're lucky that I haven't fired you. Yet."

She copied my tone, trying to deepen her voice comically, "You're lucky I haven't fired you," she went back to her normal voice, "blah blah blah, so boring. You're trying to be intimidating, it's not working very well, sweetie."

I sighed, rubbing my temple, "I hate you."

"Awww, love you too!"

"You're going to be the death of me."

She pointed at me, "You're going to be the death of you if you keep sitting at that desk all day and overworking yourself. Your life is so boring. If I was as rich as you, I'd have a mansion in every city and girls on my arms, well you'd have boys, but that's beside the point."

I sigh again, "How did you even find out about my sexuality, since the day I met you, you've known. I swear, woman, are you on some weird-ass fucking drugs?"

Sage made a look of distaste before quickly recoiling, wagging her pointer finger in front of my face and shook her head, "Nuh-uh uh, I'm not gonna tell you. Anyways, you now have 15 minutes, so get your ass out of that chair and get ready, ps you need to fix your hair." Sage motioned around her own short, blonde with a tinge of green, hair.

"Fuck off." I made a shooing motion and smirked when she finally left.

I got out of my chair and looked into the floor to ceiling mirror attached to the wall. I ruffled my hair up until it looked perfect, but at the same time like I didn't give a damn and I just woke up like this.

I grabbed my blazer, put it on and got my phone from the top of my desk.

Opening it up, I saw nothing but news alerts and felt a twinge of loneliness.

I shouldered it, putting my phone in my pocket.

"Time for another meeting," I mumbled, squaring my shoulders and straightening my back, radiating dominance.

Time for another snooze-fest.

I left my office, walking to the elevator adjacent. Pressing the down button, I waited silently for my lift to come. After tapping my foot impatiently a few times, I was startled out of my daze by the annoying ring, signaling that it had finally come. When the doors opened, I was met with a plain elevator, shades of white and tan decorating it.

"How exciting," I mumbled. I need something to change in my life, something exciting. I can't continue with this same dull routine, putting on a blank face for everyone. I don't even remember the last time I laughed.