10 -Sleep- EDITED

Suddenly I felt very underdressed as I gazed over at him, something I hadn't felt in years.

He was wearing black slacks, oxfords, and a fitting black dress shirt with the first few buttons open, revealing the start of his toned chest. Damon looked to be in his element, in a state of calm as he sipped from his flute of champagne. He was in a small group, two women, both having victoria secret model bodies, and three men. The three looked to be tall, not nearly as tall as Damon, seeing as he towered over them, but at least over average, far taller than me.

The group seemed fitting, natural almost, none of them looked out of place as they stood together exchanging what looked to be pleasentries, along with a few laughs, none of them coming from Damon, sadly. But, they looked like they belonged, they looked like they were meant to be there.

The more I looked at them, the more I realized and understood that I didn't fit in. My hair isn't as shiny as theirs, but most of all, their bodies were the epitome of what society viewed as beautiful, either the picture of innocence or the idea of handsome only being hard geometric lines and muscles.

My eyes studied him, roaming his body, looking for any imperfections, but found none.

When I looked back up to his face, I found that his honey coloured eyes had found my green ones.

My eyes went wide, my heart seeming to skip several beats.

And so, my fight of flight response kicked in, soon enough, I found myself in an overly expensive, gold-coloured mens bathroom.

Bracing myself on the sink I sighed in exhaustion.

I was tired.

So so tired of everything, not just physically.

But I couldn't bring myself to not think about him, even as I ran away. I ran my hands through my hair, messing it up. Closing my eyes, I thought of him, his voice, his face, his presence, everything I could remember.

Even as I felt body heat radiating off someone and on to my back, I didn't open my eyes.

"Oh Livi, what am I gonna do," I sighed again, but relished in the warmth Olivia was giving me.

"It's not Livi, sweetheart."

His voice emmediatly rung through my ears, and I quickly shot open my eyes, turned around, only to be met with Damons beautiful face a mere few inches away from mine. Damons arms were braced on the counter, forming an obstical on either side of me. I was being caged in.

"D-Damon..?" I muttered lowly,  my eyes downcast and keeping it as a question even though I knew full well who he was.

"Oh sweet Averie..."

Why was he using my middle name, rarely my dad used it, but no one else. The name never seemed fitting, but I couldn't help admire the delicacy and beauty of it. When my dad used it, it felt almost endearing and simply out of place, but when Damon used it, it felt so natural, so fitting, like the name was made for me.

"...Your eyes have been on me since you got here, you know who I am..." He gave me a small smirk, the ghost of a dimple on each of his cheeks appearing.

Immediatly I felt a flush of warmth wash over my face.

He ran one of his rough hands through my hair, fixing it as he looked down at me.

We stayed in silence for a bit, his hand in my hair and my body slowly relaxing into his touch. His warm hand ventured through my hair, almost like he was massaging it. My shoulders slumped, my eyes closed, and a small yawn escaped me.

I heard a small chuckle, then he muttered cute under his breath. 

I bent my head forward more, creating a curtain with my short, fluffy hair to hide my blush. That erupted another chuckle from him and my blush to become more obvious.

Another almost whiney yawn escaped me, and my body suddenly felt heavier.

"Aww, Averie... You can't go to sleep here..." His hand continued running through my hair, which was surely a mess by now. But even as he said that I could feel myself slowly slipping away, and my body leaning into his warm, comforting touch.

Talk about touch deprived.

I let myself fall against his chest and to let my arms slowly wrap around his slim waist. He cooed at me and let his own arms cuddle me to his hard chest. One of his large hands made small circles on my back and he started humming a song I had never heard before.

For once I actually felt at peace with everything. Like I could just... exist, and that would be okay.

***

"Averie... C'mon, wake up..." A low whisper greeted me as I awoke from my peaceful slumber.

I made small fists, rubbing my drowsy eyes.

"Awww..."

As I regained my senses, I realised that the whispers were coming from Damon.

I groaned, rubbing my eyes harder before asking, "How long was I asleep..?"

"About 15 minutes," He flashed me a small smile, small but still genuine. It seemed his smiles were contagious because I soon found myself flashing one right back at him. "We have to get back out there."

I whined, pitifully.

"Now, Averie."

I continued my useless whining, I was completely prepared to start stomping my feet like a cranky child.

"James," He warned, his voice lowering an octave.

And so, I continued my useless whining.

"James Averie Windsor. I have been nice and let you sleep, even though I told you that you couldn't. But now, no matter how tired you are we have to go back out," I cut him off with a small whine, "James," he said in warning, the muscle in his jaw flexing.

I pouted, my bottom lip jutting out as I grabbed onto one of his arms and pulled it to my chest.

"Nwo, I'm tired..." I closed my eyes and rubbed my cheek against his bicep, comfortable in his body heat.

"Yes, I know, Beautiful. But I am over your whining. We are going back out, now." He grabbed my hand, leading me to the door, but stopped short. "Phone."

Without a second thought, I pulled my baby pink phone out my back pocket and handed it to him.

"Password?"

"Oh sorry, it's uh..."

"What is it?"

"Just let me put it in..."

He handed back the phone, and I quickly typed in his name as the password, all the while he towered over me.

Damon just smirked as he took back the phone. He pressed a few buttons before also getting out his phone and making my phone call his. He handed back mine and I immediately pocketed it, well if could say violently smashing my phone into my back pocket all while furiously blushing is considered 'pocketing it.'

I muttered a small thanks and let him hold my hand again. It felt safe and secure, like no one could hurt me while his rough hand was encasing my soft one.

He led me to the pristine bathroom door, took one glance at me and opened it.

Time to face the music.