16 - Rules - EDITED

The sound of rules seemed so daunting now, all excitement had almost dissipated, now just being left with the reality of the situation.

"Love, don't seem so frightened, it's okay, it's just rules, it's so that you know what to do and not do. Simple as that. If you're uncomfortable with any of them, tell me, it's always okay to change them later. We're in no rush, we've got all the time in the world."

His words brought some comfort to my doubt riddled mind.

Some being the key word.

I was scared, so fucking scared, but so fucking eager.

Hugging my legs to my chest, I told him to continue.

"Are you sure, love?"

I just nodded, trying to swallow down the lump in my throat. What if the rules trapped me? What if they made everything worse?

A single , signaling for me to sit in his lap. So, I did. I sat with my back to his front, but somehow, he seemed to engulf me, a scary, but, nonetheless comforting feeling. He wrapped one arm around my waist and I was instantly straightening up and sucking in.

Damon just kiss my cheek, loosened his hold, and told me that I'm beautiful.

He held a clipboard in one hand, A blank sheet of paper resting on it.

"Bunny?"

"Hm?" I relaxed in to his grip, leaning back his chest.

"What name do you want at the top?"

I pointed to his chest, before curling in to a ball between his legs.

"Okay, kitten. Alverie it is."

He took a pink brush pen and wrote the name down on the top of the page, before writing rules underneath it.

Damon tutted for a second before grabbing a pencil, writing '1. Alverie must go to classes, unless he has a valid reason not to'

I whined, shaking my head no.

"I can drive and pick you up, love. But school is important."

"Damon, there's no use. I'm going to be king regardless. School doesn't bloody matter." I huffed, crossing my arms.

He shook his head, "James, this is the one rule that I won't budge on."

I sighed, sinking back into his chest and accepting it, already plotting on ways to miss school.

"Next semester," he stated, leaving no room for argument.

I just nodded.

"2. Make sure to voice your thoughts and any doubts you may have. Darling, I just want to know that you're okay." Damon wrapped an arm around my waist, leaving me to suck in desperately.

I gave a shaky nod, accepting that one.

"3. Please try not to self-harm, but if you do, make sure to call me, or at least text me. Just please talk to me." His handwriting is fluent, soft and loopy. 

I bring my knees up to my chest and give him another nod.

"4. When in little space, tell me so I can come take care of you."

I happily agree to that one, smiling when he writes it down.

"5. Answer my calls... please? It makes me worry when you don't."

I nod rapidly at that, not seeing a reason why I wouldn't answer him.

"6. I would greatly prefer if you didn't cuss, but I understand if you do."