14 -Promises- EDITED

For the first time, I woke up warm, happy, and satisfied.

Damon's arms were wrapped around me, securing me in his grasp. We both were under the covers. He hadn't woken up yet, or at least I didn't think so. Only then had I realised that his shirt was long forgotten. It gave me a chance to run my hands over his sculpted chest and snuggle further into him. It was pure bliss to be in his arms, safe and secure, pacifier still between my lips. I'm so small compared to him, I love the way that he can just hold me in his arms. I pulled myself closer to him, pushing my face into his chest, inhaling his scent. Somehow, he always smelled good, like pine and the after affects of rain.

His hand lifted to the nape of my neck, securing me where I was, "Love..." Damon's morning voice was deeper, more gravely now.

I shivered at the way he uttered his pet name for me, so I just tried to push myself further into him.

He chuckled, the tips of his fingers playing with my hair.

I heard the small pad of footsteps, but I thought it was just someone walking passed my room. That proved to be wrong when someone opened my door.

Almost instantly, the happy, giddy feeling of being in his arms and warm, dissipated.

"Jamesss~" Olivia's voice rungs out through the air like a song, before she stopped dead in her tracks, taken aback by the scene before her.

I was thankful for the fact that my head was in Damon's chest, and for the fact that he was the one facing the door.

"OooOoooOooOOooo," I could practically hear Olivia wiggling her eyebrows. "There's the Damon I've heard so much about- you didn't do anything naughty, did you?" She teases, eyeing Damon's bare chest.

I blushed, hard, my face becoming a fiery red as Damon chuckled, his arms wrapping around me further, cuddling me closer to his bare chest.

"Okayyy~ Get it oOooooOnN James~ WoooOooo."

I blushed harder, biting on to the pacifier to muffle my whine of embarrassment. Damon seemed to notice, his fingers starting to massage my scalp, effectively calming me.

"Okay, okay. I know I'm not welcome here, I'll go. But as his sibling, I have to say that if you hurt him I'll murder you, and I will get away with it, seeing as I'm a member of the royal family," Damon nodded, a serious expression on his face, "Oki then, toodooloo," She wiggled her fingers, before slipping out the door and shutting it.

As I let out a deep sigh, I heard Olivia call out to my father, "DADDD, DAMON-," she cut off, my dad somewhere in the distance yelling back, "YEAH THE HOT DUDE THAT HE WAS ON A CALL WITH..." a few seconds of my dads intelligible yelling before she started up again, "YEAHHHH, DAMON FIORE, THE HOT PIECE OF ASS, IS CURRENTLY IN HIS BED!"

I whimpered, a sort of pitiful sound, stemming from my embarrassment, even more so because of how my sister is acting.

"Oh my love," Damon muttered, "You're so cute..." his left hand latched onto my nape, the tips of his fingers threading through my messy bed-head.

I let a hand creep up and remove the paci, "Da- Damon..." I corrected, "I-."

A low growl erupted from his chest, he pushed me into my back so he was on top of me, and grabbed my chin in a strong grip, turning my head towards him.

I look at him wide eyed, enjoying the sight before me, realizing how this all looked, longing for it to have been what Olivia thought it was.

Damon's grip on my chin was harsher now, "I love that I make you nervous, but you don't ever have to be around me." He pointed his words, making sure I understood.

I gulped and stuttered out a yes.

"Good."

I cowered away slightly, but stopped when he gave me a hurt look. It wasn't meant to be like that.

He cleared his throat. "Good boy," his grip on me lessened. "Now we need to talk about those scars of yours."

I averted my eyes, turning my head to the side when he let go of my chin.

Suddenly, my breathing was erratic and unstable, the mere thought of that triggered my anxiety. I would have to tell him about what happened before.

Damon's hand cupped my cheek, warming me to the core. "Baby boy... it's okay, try and breathe for me, baby," he got up from the bed, standing up, before picking me up.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hurried my face in his chest, my breathing still not stable.

The thought of telling him haunted me. What if he left? What if when he saw my scars and decided I was pretty enough? What if he didn't wouldn't want to be my daddy? What if he was just playing with me so that he could become a king?

My breathing quickened at the thoughts running through my mind, tears blossoming in the corners of my eyes, before sliding down my cheeks.

All the stress was forcing me into little space.

My throat was dry, like the Sahara desert. And the thought of a bottle of warm milk was sounding better by the second. Damon seemed to notice this, his features softening even more, before grabbing the forgotten pacifier, making sure it was clean, and having the tip prod at my lips until I finally accepted it, suckling it. He grabbed one of my water bottles, uncapping it, removing the paci, and putting it to my lips. Slowly he tipped it back, letting cool water flow down my throat. Damon removed the bottle once I had finished it and slipped the paci back it.

"My sweet little Averie, so good for me," he mumbled, running a hand through my hair.

I leaned into his touch, a sigh leaving my lips as I closed my eyes.

"You're going to be a good little boy, right?"

I nodded, sleepily, as he bounced me on his hip.

"Then could you tell me why it is you have those scars? Of course you don't have to, it's okay if you don't want to," Damon pressed a kiss to my forehead, soothing the stray hairs from my face, pushing them back.

"I m-make boo boo, hurties lots and lots, big ouchies," I let out a small whimper, my eyes still closed as I tried to turn in on him, so that he engulfed me.

"Oh my gorgeous baby boy, why would you do that?"

"B-b-becauses my eye always l-leaky," tears blossomed in the corner of my eyes.

"Love..." his heart seemed to break at my response. "I know it's hard, but can you please let me look at it again, so I can make sure everything is still clean..?" He tiptoed around the subject, try to make sure that I didn't get even more sad, or bothered really.

I gave a small, slow nod.

Damon pulled me closer to his chest, hugging me tighter.

I contradict myself, bringing my shirt around me tighter.

"Can I see, gorgeous?"

I nodded slowly, vulnerability shining in my eyes.

He took off the oversized shirt, giving me a disappointed look as his eyes flitted over all the old and new scars.

One of his rough, warm, hands went to my bare side, pushing me into his chest so that I couldnt see him.

"James, please. You remember what I said yesterday, right?" Damon mumbled through clenched teeth.

I nodded.

"Words."

"Wes."

He pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "Good boy. You're so brave for showing me, my little beautiful prince, so good for me. So perfect, my love," Damon praised.

My permanent (when I was in his vicinity) blush, deepened, but nonetheless I basked in his praises and compliments.

He walked back to the bed, sitting on it with me in his lap. Damon slipped the pacifier between my lips, letting me suckle on it as I relished in his affections.

Damon could take care of me, be my daddy someday.