Confusion

I blink confused and winses at the burning light hitting my eyes. I blink once, then twice but it takes a third try to force them open to meet the world. I feel the soft mattress under me and the warm embrace of the covers I'm tucked into. I try to lift my hands, but quickly realize they are stuck in place by restraints, in the form of two firm hands. One is more light but firm in the touch and the smooth skin on Aaron's hand feels like silk. The familiarity is comforting and sends a tingly and warm feeling up my spine.

It stands in sharp comparison to Tristan's rough skin and hard grip on my hand and wrist, which he easily incases with his large hand. This is going to leave a mark, I think to myself as I roll my eyes slightly and try not to move, as to not wake the sleeping boys. Whom each collapsed on either side of the bed im laying in, with dark sunken eyes and the signs of worry clearly painted on their foreheads. Aaron seemed to have found an unusual position with one knee up in a fetal-like position and the other down like in a legcross, but he looked comfortable and like he had meant to spend the night like that. Tristan on the other hand was practically lying on the floor if it hadn't been the chair that was supporting his broad shoulders and upper back he would have slipped down on the floor completely. It was like a frozen image of a man falling down a chair like a child throwing a tantrum at the dinner table.

It was a bit humorous so I allowed myself a small chuckle, which very fast showed itself to be a mistake. This chuckle sent a series of painful shocks through my body, which started a chainreaction on coughs, jolts and screamlike sounds through the quiet room. This immediately woke up the tired boys and sent them into an immediate protective mindset. They came to my rescue as soon as they realized what had woken them wasn't any danger, but my pain.

After a couple minutes I finally calmed down completely and was able to talk to them without interruptions. They explained that the reason for my body hurting like it did and the coughing was because of a pressed rib, resulting from the fall I had when I passed out from hypothermia. Aaron, Tristand and I talked in between the doctor checking on me. We were trying to figure out how we all felt about this. I honestly didn't like the idea about my partner being decided for me. I thought that love would be one of the only things i got to control in my life since everything else had been falling apart for a while. It was a big shock to hear and I was in utter denial for the first few hours. I simply couldn't wrap my head around how there were predetermined partners out there for everyone. But eventually I had to give in. I had felt the connection instantly to them both when i first met them, even if i didn't want to admit it.

When we had finally reached some sort of an agreement, the window had changed from letting in bright yellow and orange colors of the morning sun, to a dim and dark blue sky, with scattered small lights taking turns being the brightest star on the pitch black sheet og the sky. The agreement entailed Tristan staying with us at the house for a month and me dividing my attention between them both, while Aaron contained his jealousy, as best as he could, then we would review everything in a month, and see which brother I would rather be officially mated to. How in the world am i going to choose?