7 || The Outcast

🌟Take care  & stay safe everyone!

~Thank you so much! Enjoy!

✂--------------------------------------------------------

*Hyosan Police Station

"A virus, huh? So, you're telling me that this whole mess started with a virus made by a high school science teacher and a student?" Jae-ik pinches his nose in frustration. "This virus. Tell me why? Why would you two do something like this?"

Byeong-chan realized that there was no way out of lying to this detective; as soon as he finished his questions about the other researcher, he called out a team to find all the possible students in Hyosan High School that has a close relationship with Jin-su. When he discovered about Ara Kangjeon, the orphan that Byeong-chan helped when she runaway and a childhood friend of Ara, Jae-ik knew he had found her.

"Detective. Do you have any kids?" Byeong-chan continues. "Could you let your child die? Could you let your child feel abandoned that they want to end their life? No parent on Earth could do that."

"I don't want to hear that bullshit. Just answer the question. What is the virus and how—"

Someone opens the door, halting the detective on his interrogation. "Jae-ik. Code Red. Chief needs everyone right now. Come on, hurry."

Byeong-chan slumped on his chair. "It's too late. We're all dead... There's no hope for survival."

*Hyosan High School

Ara felt her hand slip through the hose as a force from above shook the knots, losing her grip on it. Her body slammed on the wall causing her to let go and fortunately hang on the second floor's windowsills. 'That hurts.'

That's when it came to her senses that Cheong-San was hanging on the hose with an infected, grabbing on his ankle. Her eyes widened as she saw Su-hyeok on the corner of the building.

Gyeong-su and Dae-su rushed to her aid and, without delay, pulled her inside.

"Are you alright?"

"You hurt?"

"Where's Cheong-San?"

Everything is just too overwhelming for Ara, and their English teacher, Ms. Sun-Hwa, must have noticed it. "Okay, guys, that's enough."

"Cheong-Su and Su-Hyeok are still on the hose, look!"

Ara was glad that their attention was averted on the outside. She walks further into the room, using the tables as her support. Once she knew, she put a reasonable distance to everyone; she collapsed on the corner. Clenching her hands into a fist while gritting her teeth, she banged her head on the wall to forestall her mind away from the pain.

Nam-Ra, who's stayed behind, rushed to Ara, keeping her distance away, not wanting to suffocate Ara more. "Kangjeon, stop" She lightly touch her shoulder. "Where does it hurt?"

Ara glimpse at Nam-Ra, tensing at her attention to her. She stopped hitting her head on the wall and focused on Nam-Ra's voice. As Ara slowly stood up, Nam-Ra supported her if she ever collapsed again.

"Close it. Close it before they get in! Would you close it already?" They both look at Na-Yeon, who grumbles and whines.

"What's wrong with you? Cheong-san is still out there. You want us just to shut him out?"

Gyeong-Su steps forward towards Na-Yeon. "Is it a crime to want the window close?"

He looks at her in disbelief. "How can you be so selfish?"