13 || The Outcast

Heya! Enjoy your day everyone. Thank you so much for the continuous support! 💛

*Ara's P.O.V.

We can't stay here, it will be run-over just like what happened to our room. We won't get anything from here, Dae-su tried opening the door for the storage room where the PTA donation is, but to no avail. I saw On-Jo untied Su-hyeok and Nam-Ra's hands. After taking a short rest, that we badly needed, we went on to our escape plan.

"We're going to have to build a tall barricade here, and then we lure them in with the music. Use the instruments too. If we leave the door open, they'll follow the music in. Once it's clear, we take the back door up to the roof." On-Jo explains, motioning her hand around.

Cheong-san recce the room. "In other words, what you're saying is we stack desks, chairs, and whatever else we could find in the middle here. Open the front door and run out through the back door, right?"

On-jo pointed on the farther back. "Not here. Farther back. We need more room on this side."

"And why is that?" Dae-su asked.

"There aren't that many of us, but there are lots of zombies."

Dae-su nodded at her. "Ah... She sucks at school, but she's pretty smart."

"Hey!" On-jo protested and Cheong-san approached. "It's a compliment."

*Skip
* Third Person's P.O.V.

They started gathering things around the room and piling it into a barricade. As Ara was carrying a chair, she was too focused on looking at her itching leg that she didn't see Su-hyeok on the way. She stumbles, falling on the floor. "Agh..."

"Ara! I'm sorry, I didn't see you." Su-hyeok's wide eyes are full of concern. Everyone abruptly stops their work, looking at the two. "I-it's fine. I should be the one who apologizes. I-I should be more aware o-on my surroundings."

Su-hyeok quickly help her on her feet and the others went back to their work. "You sure, you're okay? You've been spacing out lately."

Ara is not looking at Su-hyeok and he noticed that. She just kept on rubbing her hand on her skirt. Ara stepped out on Su-hyeok's way, bowing her head as an apology. He frowns at her behavior, he thought that she is opening up to them lately but ever since their encounter with Gwi-Nam, she went back to her usual self.

Su-hyeok also went back on making the barricade, still staring at Ara. Thinking if he or any of them said something to her that might offend her.

'I don't think it's us. What's wrong with her? She's been crouching down and frequently rubbing her right leg.'

*Ara's P.O.V.

I can feel Su-hyeok's hard stare on my back. I don't want to jump to a conclusion, but I'll be putting my distance from them until it's time. I walk to Nam-Ra, holding her hand. I know she's probably asking if I needed something, her glace held a worried look. I fiddle her soft hands, looking at it. "Nam-Ra... I-I need to ask you a favor. I-if it's okay?"

Nam-Ra's other hand grabbed my shaking one. "Whatever it is. Sure."

Letting go of her hand. I rummage on my hood's pocket until I felt the familiar vial. I become stiff thinking of the possibilities. I look at her and smile. "Thank you. I'll tell you about it when we're alone."

She nodded, knowing that I must be very anxious, which is I am. Because I think, I'm lost. This is one of those times that I'd prefer solving a physics problem than being in this situation. I felt so helpless.