11 || The Outcast

I'm so sorry for the late update. I'll be posting two chapters 😭

.
.
.
.

Start!

Su-hyeok's slender form slides down the window. He was panting hard like he run from a marathon, and his uniform clung to his body caused of the sweat.

Dae-su was early to greet him back. "Su-hyeok! Where's the phone? And Cheong-San?" Su-hyeok breathes heavily as he looks at our faces.

"Su-hyeok. Where is he?" Tears are threatening to fall on On-jo's eyes.

"We got separated in the teacher's office. I'm sure he'll be fine." He assured everyone, but the nervousness and terrified thoughts linger to them.

"Are you serious?! Oh, sh*t." Dae-su gasped, afraid of losing more friends in this chaos.

"I'm sorry... for coming back alone."

Su-hyeok stared at Ara, sending her a small smile.

*Skip

"You want me to climb up on that? But there are zombies in the science lab too." Joon-Yeong holds the hose, shaking and becoming timid.

"There weren't any in the supply room. Right?" On-jo guaranteed him, doing her best to calm Joon-Yeong down.

"That's true, but—"

"We have to find Cheong-San. There's no one else besides us to start looking and rescue people." On-jo added.

Joon-Yeong sighs. "Yeah"

Nam-Ra took a step forward. "It would be good if we had the drone. We can find Cheong-san, and then we can see how things are outside. We might even be able to send an emergency message and ask for help."

"Sure, that would be really great. But who's gonna go?" Before anyone could pick a person, On-jo volunteered. "I wanna go. I took a fire rescue class, and I've climbed ropes before."

Su-hyeok tug On-jo, stopping her. "No, I'll go."

"You already went out there. You can't keep putting yourself in danger."

Joon-Yeong look at On-jo. "The drone isn't finished yet; we need to find a few more parts to run it. Do you know what to get?"

"Then I have to go anyway, I guess." Joon-Yeong shakes his head, climbing on the window.

Ara, who's watching the whole time, finally balled the courage to speak up. "I'll go. I-I know what is needed."

Joon-Yeong pauses for a second and climbs down the window nodding at Ara. "Yes, Kangjeon and I are partners on that drone; she knows what to get."

Su-hyeok smacked Joon-Yeong in the head. "Aish, are you crazy?!"

Ara chuckles at the scene. "It's fine. I-I know where Mr. Lee stored the parts."

Su-hyeok sighs, by the facial expression, his thinking with that frown. "Fine. But be careful, you two."

On-jo and Ara nod at him, climbing up the window and ascending to the storage room.

*Storage Room

Ara emerges from the window, followed by On-Jo. They began grabbing the parts that they needed for the drone. "Careful," Ara whispered to On-jo when she noticed how rough she held the details. On-jo glance at her and dip her head before proceeding to grab the things.

Ara looked around the room; her phone was probably on the first cabinet on Mr. Lee's table. After they all gathered the parts, On-jo is now preparing to go back to the recording room. "Ara, let's go."