9 || The Outcast

"Ms. Park. It's been more than 30 minutes, but he still doesn't want to come out." Cheong-san furrowed his eyebrows on his stubborn friend.

A sigh escaped on Su-Hwan lips. "I'll see what I can do."

They all gathered in the big mirror staring at Gyeong-su as he whirls on the office chair. Ara thinks of all the possibilities once a person is scratch by the infected. 'There are no substances exchange between the host of the body and the parasite. It's only a scratch, he will be fine.'

She was also looking at the recording room, doing some calculations inside her head. They all look expectedly at Ms. Park as the door opens. "So, what did he say? He won't come out?

"He said he's staying the full hour." Ms. Park stated clearly stressed out on Gyeong-Su's decision.

"His pissed."

"I'll go in." Cheong-san's word is laced with worriedness.

Dae-su stop him before he enters the room. "Why would you go?"

"If anyone should, it's Na-Yeon." Everyone agreed at him. They all began a small argument but it was soon sorted out when Ms. Park put a stop to it.

"You remember your promise, right? After 30 minutes you'd apologize."

"Okay." Na-Yeon hated this, her pride is going downhill.

"It's been 30 minutes."

"Alright." Na-Yeon went inside the recording room and they began to talk. Gyeong-su being a stubborn first but gave in and let Na-Yeon handle his hand.

*Ara's P.O.V.

Something doesn't seem right. Na-Yeon won't go there without any intention, and it was clear that apologizing is not one of it. What's her motive?

I narrowed my eyes to her, watching her talked to Guyeong-su while dabbing his hand by a towel. I was about to enter the room but it slammed open with a glaring Na-Yeon.

"How cute was that? So cute... Whoa, whoa!" Dae-su's celebration was halt by Gyeong-su lunging at Nay-Yeon.

"Gyeong-su!"

Ms. Park approaches Gyeong-su as they all try to comprehend what happened inside. "Gyeong-su, what's wrong?"

Gyeong-su was overflowing with anger and sadness. "You're f*cking... you're such a f*cking cheat."

He mumbles to Ms. Park what happened inside the recording room, and Ms. Park glared at Na-Yeon. "Did you really say that? You promised me you'd apologize to him."

They began to shout back and forth at each other. Na-Yeon will never admit she's wrong, it's a step on her ego.

My thoughts are interrupted at Gyeong-su's quivering voice. "I've turned, right? Cheong-san, what do I do?"

I can feel the tears began to fall down when it suddenly hit me. 'Na-Yeon...that towel...the infected on the window.'

*Third Person's P.O.V.

"No, no. This doesn't make any sense. Why would you..."

"Gyeong-su," He look at Ara, who has tears in her eyes. "We're here, don't be scared."

This is the first time they heard her spoke without stuttering, this is the first time Gyeong-su saw her cry. Cheong-san tried to touch Gyeong-su but he steps back. "Stay away. Don't come any closer!"

Cheong-su is confused, scared, hurt, mixed emotions are clashing in his mind.

"We need to kick him out. We're all gonna die!" Na-Yeon screamed.