Part 19 || making up

Hana's POV

Before Heeseung left, he knocked on my door and apologized. I never opened it nor did I answer. He left and I cried so hard.

I don't love him romantically anymore but, he was still my best friend who I spent my entire life with and I feel like I lost him in just one night. I placed my hands over my mouth crying hard. I wanted to scream and shout but I couldn't, all I could do was muffle my screams.

I received a call from Sunghoon. I picked it up while my hands were wet and trembling. When he answered and saw how I was he just hung up.

He didn't even ask me what's going on? I threw my phone across my room and held my forehead. I gave out one loud blood curdling scream. I couldn't keep it all in.

I started hearing my door bang, but I didn't answer.

Sunghoon: "Hana! Open the door!" Sunghoon? I stood up right away and when he saw me he gave me a tight a hug. I hugged him back tightly and he tried walking to my bed but I didn't move. I just needed a hug right now "hey tell me what happened?" He pat my hair

I told him everything from the moment Heeseung stepped inside the house to the moment he left.

Sunghoon's POV

Hana: "I'm sorry I kissed him! I didn't mean to, he just opened the door and kissed me before I could react. I'm sorry Sunghoon, I'm sorry." She said after explaining her whole story. She cried uncontrollably.

I looked at her and she was a mess. Her hair was all over her face, she kept sniffing and she couldn't stop crying. I tried comforting her as much as I could but nothing worked. I understand though.

Sunghoon: "hey no, it's ok. He kissed you, not the other way around. And sorry if I hung up on you. I didn't wanna waste time so I wanted to be here as soon as I can" she looked at me and sniffled

Hana: "did you run all the way here? Is that why you were out of breath?" I nodded.

Sunghoon: "don't think about that, just cry it all out" I understand her.

Thinking you might've lost someone you've grown up your whole life with is hard. Could this be all my fault? If I never got into the scene, they might've fallen for each other. I wouldn't have Hana.

Sunghoon: "Hana, I'm sorry. This is my fault, I never should've-"

Hana: "what are you saying? You didn't do anything, it's not your fault Sunghoon. Everything was fair, ok?" I kissed her forehead and held her close to my chest. She never fails to make me feel better.

Sunghoon: "I love you so much" I held her hoping she would feel safe, protected, and loved.

She ranted some more and her cries sounded horrible. She kept coughing and sniffling. Her voice would crack trying to speak. I don't want her to hurt like this.

<time skip>

A/N's POV

Everyone was scared to step into school. What'll happen? How would they interact with one another after their whole thing? Hana and Sunghoon were talking by her lockers when Heeseung came up to her and tapped her shoulder.

Heeseung: "can we talk?" She looked at Sunghoon and Heeseung got this as a signal to say something "if you can, I'll wait for you by the water fountain" he left already feeling bad for himself. He looked at Sunghoon, the champion. He was the loser.

Sunghoon: "go ahead, talk to him. Closure would be good" Hana hugged him and walked to where Heeseung was. He was leaning back on a wall nervously waiting for the girl he loved.

Heeseung: "I want to start by saying that I've thought about it last night and what I did was wrong. I kissed you without consent and I lost my temper and brought it out on you"

She felt relieved. At least he knows what he did was wrong.

Hana: "I forgive you Heeseung, and I'm sorry. I blamed you or I just shouted accusations that weren't tr-"

Heeseung: "please don't say sorry Hana" hearing him saying her name made it even more sad "you were right, I listened to the wrong things"

She stayed quiet, they both did. They both felt relieved they were able to resolve things but of course, nothing can go back to the way it was before.

Hana: "can we keep some distance for a while? Just to let everything settle down?" Heeseung didn't like hearing that. But he knew it was for the best. This is when regret fills him up. Regret that he never told Hana about his feelings earlier.

Heeseung: "ok, but just come to me anytime you need ok?" I nodded.

'A while' became weeks, weeks turned into months, and months turned to years. How would they be like after 8 years?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next chapter is the last one (the epilogue). I take a while in making epilogues since I want it to be perfect. I'll be making a tiktok version so that takes time as well. I'll post it tomorrow. Please wait for it since I'm going to add something important there. Thank you!!